Red Dwarf XI has arrived

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/04/red-dwarf-xi-has-arrived.html

7 Likes

Twentica was somewhat disappointing but episode 2: samsara and episode 3: give and take are far better; much closer to classic dwarf. So glad they’re sticking with the models and it does look superb with a bit of budget behind it.

2 Likes

A return of Black Books would be awesome.

13 Likes

Really loved the first 2 episodes. The show had kept it’s charm and sensibilities.

2 Likes

Only seen the first one so far and it was…well, a bit rubbish really, fingers crossed the rest of the series improves. Maybe less emphasis on silly accents…

1 Like

Maybe I’ll check it out. I haven’t watched any Red Dwarf since “Back to Earth” which I thought was cringeworthy stuff.

1 Like

You should watch X – Back to Earth was rubbish, but X had some of the best episodes ever.

4 Likes

YEEAAAHHHH!!!

13 Likes

Agree that episode 1 was terrible, but stick with it. Episodes 2 and 3 are a brilliant return to form.

Was it just me, or was that trailer not funny? I mean I could see how it was trying to be funny, but it didn’t even garner a smirk from me.

I’m getting out the mango juice. Thanks for the heads up on this!

I’m a long-time fan and really want this to be good but from what I’ve seen so far it’s average at best. I watched episode 2 last night and whilst the storyline was good (and “classic Dwarf”) the dialogue and acting are pretty poor. There’s a weak Cat joke in the middle which should have been a throwaway line but was laboured for no reason other than to fill time, as far as I could see.

From reading the books I’ve always felt that Doug Naylor is the sci-fi one and Rob Grant the funny one, so the show went downhill after Grant left. What surprises me is that Naylor hasn’t got any other writers in, as I really think that would help. Oh well… :neutral_face:

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.