Red Lobster employees rescue rare mutant lobster from certain death

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/19/red-lobster-employees-rescue-rare-mutant-lobster-from-certain-death.html

2 Likes

Is the soda named for this team too? Some football thing is not what comes to mind when I hear the term, that’s for sure.

crush insert GIF

5 Likes

Nah, the soda is older than that name for the broncos, this video is older than that name…

4 Likes

Contributed by Allan Rose Hill.

Not bad, but it would be better if the lobster had been returned to the ocean, instead of an aquarium.

I do understand that not knowing which coast the creature came from is an issue, just wishful thinking…

4 Likes

East Coast. West Coast of Canada does not have lobsters*

*”Lobsters are not native to the Pacific coast of Canada, but from 1896 to 1966 there were at least 11 separate introductions of American lobsters into BC waters, and even more along the US West Coast. In Canada, introductions probably totalled no more than 5000 adults. Although American lobsters seem able to survive in the Pacific, there is no evidence that any of the introductions has resulted in a reproducing population.”

Lobster | The Canadian Encyclopedia.

6 Likes

Mmm… mutant lobster…
Austin Powers Get In My Belly GIF by Chris Cimino

3 Likes

My first thought was, “how old are these Red Lobster employees?” Because what weirdo under the age of 50 would remember that the Broncos defense had that nickname back in the 80s? But then I saw that the restaurant was in Colorado and it all made sense. It was the cult of Bronco fandom. These kids probably heard tales of this defense at every holiday meal.

What a tuuuuuune!

So not every last Red Lobster closed. Good to hear.

They have form on this sort of thing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.