Reddit rids itself of Nazi subreddits

More like a night of brooms and dustpans.

8 Likes

If “leftists” engage in that kind of behaviour, I am 100% okay with them being banned. Burn that toxicity to the fucking ground.

11 Likes

jello-nazi-punks-fuck-off

18 Likes

Reddit rids itself of Nazi subreddits

Please and Thank You

First they came for the animal abusers…

1 Like

Maybe Tumblr could emulate them? Fascists and white supremacists love to harass POC bloggers over there, and the staff does nothing.

6 Likes

Well as long as people treat nazis as worthy of free speech protections, they’ll continue to exist.

6 Likes

Which begs the question, why court the unemployed man-child demographic? To which Trump responded “I’ll take those votes”.

1 Like

They are worthy of free speech protections - in that they cannot be prosecuted by the government, harassed by the police, or restricted legally from saying things. But we can sure as fuck boot them from our property, digital and otherwise.

7 Likes

They support and promote genocide. That is a call to commit an act of violence. Therefor, they should not have the protections afford by the first amendment.

Germany has it right.

10 Likes

I agree and empathise with that point of view, but in current US law, that is not true. I should have qualified that I wasn’t making a moral statement but a legal one.

I’m fairly sure that in Canada (where I am) I’m wrong, also. Hate speech laws do prohibit the threat of harm to identifiable groups here, and I agree with that restriction.

Apologies, it was not my intent.

4 Likes

Legality means nothing, and they most certainly aren’t worthy of legal protection regardless, despite what the mostly white, right-leaning justice system in the US has decided.

Well I’m sure as shit not in favor of giving the

mostly white, right-leaning justice system in the US

the power to decide who is and isn’t worthy of legal protections. Keep the state out of this; let the people stand up against Nazis

2 Likes

“Nazi” is a small subset of “Stupid”. Only “Nazi” was banned.

1zMbL

1 Like
6 Likes

What book is being quoted there? Looks interesting

https://twitter.com/blackblocboi/status/917463999276560384

4 Likes

You take the white pill—the story ends, you wake up in your mom’s basement and believe that all people receive the same treatment regardless of sex, religion or skin color, or you’re happy that the inequality favors you. You take the color pill, you stay in harsh reality, and I show you how deep the rabbit turds go.

3 Likes

This is the paradox of tolerance; tolerating intolerant views is to allow those intolerant views to eventually destroy or otherwise overwhelm the viewpoints of the tolerant. This is easily seen in practice by the toxic cesspools online where they either didn’t give a fuck (until now, such as Reddit), or there are uninforced rules against it (Tumblr).

8 Likes