Reddit shuts down The_Donald for hate speech, harassment, and targeting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/29/reddit-shuts-down-the_donald-f.html

13 Likes

“You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.” It won’t end all this bullshit, but good on them for doing the least possible to have some standards for their own shop.

32 Likes
33 Likes

Good fucking riddance! r/The_Donald was a cesspit of cesspits.

19 Likes

Depressingly, it wasn’t the worst cesspit, just the most popular.

16 Likes

Cool, now do KotakuInAction.

14 Likes

The same reasons we need to vote in November.

4 Likes

Is that the GamerGator lair?

2 Likes

Other good news- this seems to be part of a wider effort. They also shut down r/GenderCritical, home of the TERFs.

28 Likes
26 Likes

i didn’t even know he USED Twitch, but this is a beautiful thing.

18 Likes

#bunkerbaby is going to send Bezos to Gitmo, isn’t he?

6 Likes

A-yup, it sure is.

It’s also the lair that Reddit put back up after its creator decided they’d had enough of the cesspit it had become and deleted it, because it was a “thriving community”.

15 Likes

Fucking took them long enough.

4 Likes

This article was written with no apparent attempt to detail what happened since the quarantine.

About 4 monhts ago the subreddit mods turned off virtually all new posts, spun up a new server (off of reddit), and used the front page of the old sub to advertise their new community.

Reddit is finally closing the barn doors after the horses went extinct.

19 Likes

I hate this timeline we’re living in.

What I hate even more is that people are using reddit and twitter to inform themselves on what is going on in the world.

Internet sites (even this one) is not where you find professional journalists who are reporting the news.

FFS. If Nov goes R I’m outta here.

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought that weirdo with the huge arms (or just tiny sleeves?) had taken it over since then and it had been operating as a zombie.

3 Likes

I can imagine the outcry already: “We’re being persecuted because of our beliefs! In particular the belief that we should persecute others!”

13 Likes

Fuck that sub, and fuck those guys, and fuck those bots, and fuck the apologists.

r/conservative are already wringing their hands, and they can get fucked as well

also fuck the admins for letting it go this long

15 Likes

God damnit. My mental health was substantially helped when I stopped hate clicking on /r/The_Donald and Scott Adam’s twitter account. Even better when I managed to stop remembering they existed and now they’re both back in my social media feed.

Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all.

5 Likes