Reductress takes on abortion ban with caustic satirical stories

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/21/reductress-takes-on-abortion-b.html

9 Likes
19 Likes

28 Likes

This is a good question. Why not try to “save unborn children” by stopping naturally occurring abortions with health care and science?

24 Likes

Dammit, there are so many good ones.

18 Likes

I didn’t know this site existed. It’s got some amazing headlines. My favourite abortion related one was the very straighforward:

What surprised me most about becoming a mother is that I was forced to by the government.

But in non-abortion related I also loved:

Five clear glasses frames that say, ‘I haven’t tried polyamory but I’ve watched many VICE docs on the matter.’

13 Likes

Celia has a slightly different take.
If strong, determined women aren’t your thing, don’t read the thread, and don’t complain to me.

4 Likes

I particularly liked when some guy said 3rd trimester abortions shoud be illegal, but then got offended when someone informed him he was advocating for women with stillborn children to become murder suspects. It’s nuts that people advocate for the involvement of law enforcement while completely ignoring how law enforcement works.

6 Likes

I particularly liked her repeatedly firm stance on “None of your fucking business!”

(That’s not me digging at you :wink: )

2 Likes

The mansplaining is strong with that one Jim Mason!

3 Likes

It really, really is!
As I said elsewhere, “Good” doesn’t have to mean “nice.”

3 Likes

Yeah, he’s like the poster child for every form of internet stupidity. Mansplaining, concern trolling, moving the goalposts, general passive-aggressive douchebaggery. And he’s an anti-“PC” Libertarian. He’s the complete asshole.

6 Likes

The total package of assholeness, if you will…

5 Likes

Is there a Starter Kit where you collect a new trope every month, or…?

5 Likes

What a narcissistic asshole that guy is. With plenty of time too. Probably can’t hold a job with an attitude like that.

3 Likes

There might be a set of classes or some such like, so that you can level up your asshole certifications… I think this young lady could hand out the certificates at the end of the 10 week programs…

10thing-hate-man-asshole

6 Likes

If god wanted fetuses to live, he would have given them guns to protect themselves.

For a real example of that dynamic, see Romania under Nicolae Ceaușescu.

A consequence of Ceaușescu’s natalist policy is that large numbers of children ended up living in orphanages, because their parents could not cope. The vast majority of children who lived in the communist orphanages were not actually orphans, but were simply children whose parents could not afford to raise them

1 Like

Unless you’ve been convicted of an abortion-related felony. Then you’re disenfranchised.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.