Regular Badges

I believe “commander” and “ensign” are exclusively naval ranks.

2 Likes

As long as I see “boat” or “ship” or related, I imagine rum, sodomy & the lash.

Commander is a good solid paramilitary irregular land forces title.

Romantic, ain’t it?

2 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

I think the reason no one has the 4-year badge yet is because so many of us are missing the 2015 anniversary setting.

6 Likes

Nope, they’re unrelated. Looks like you’ll be one of the first to get one though, on May 28!

1 Like

Interesting: I’ve already gotten my 2017 anniversary badge, dated April 2017. I wonder what the month difference is about?

2 Likes

I have a feeling that’s a bug in the Anniversary badge.

@sam had his cake day today, and has the first commander badge today, so that seems to line up.

All you originals are going to start receiving them in order as your Anniversary comes up.

1 Like

My first thought at seing the new titles was “Aww, Star Trek ranks – that’s cheesy-but-cool…,” which then brought this to mind*:

* with apologies to TNG’s “Birthright pt. 1”

1 Like

That far I agree with you. Especially TNG ranks.

They’re ST ranks not wooden navy ranks? Ok then. In that case newbies should definitely get the rank of Redshirt.

2 Likes

I think you’ve defined my entire self-image right there…

5 Likes

I’m enjoying this less and less.

1 Like

I actually meant a general reply there, and not to you, but hit the wrong “reply” button. Sorry.

I assume a lot of people have to grow beards and play the trombone soon. I would actually have preferred the lesser of two weevils, but who am I to blow against the wind…?

@orenwolf, I wouldn’t nail this badge to the mast of my own ship. If the true regulars will have hardened their harpoons, and harnessed the flickering light of the St.Elmoswhere fire in their chase hunting down the white failwhale with their last breath? - that, I cannot say.

But you may call me Ishmaël if I deserve a military rank of any kind, in any known universe. I’d rather recite Shakespeare in Klingon, if you catch my drift. :smiley:

1 Like

At least they’re easy to get rid of. (Yeah, I said they’re cheesy-but-cool; doesn’t mean I want 'em following me around; -)

Hmm, just noticed that whereas I had not previously supplied a birthdate (and hence the field had been either empty or null), I now show a Bday of Jan. 1…

Just military, aren’t they?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.:wink:

9 Likes

Not exactly in order, but Hornblower makes it from Midshipman to “Rear Admiral and Commander in Chief.”

Aubrey started as a Commander, and made it to “Rear Admiral of the Blue”

1 Like

I haven’t even been here for two years? How is this possible!