Relatives mourning a dead woman for 5 hours suddenly hear a knock — from inside the coffin

“Okay, Pai Mei. Here I come…”

3 Likes

Wow, deep in the bump coming from within the coffin thread and still no Dinklage. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

How does this still happen in 2023?

4 Likes

Can you imagine the poor person who would have this today, as all the heavy traffic breezes by on the highway…?

I dunno, maybe give them a cellphone these days that they can turn on if they wake? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

I imagine that it’d be classed as a fraud case?

One does have to wonder how that would effect the policies that pay for the funeral costs for such an event; do you have to pay the insurance back? Is it rare enough that the insurance company would just write it off, figuring that was traumatic enough? The mind boggles…

Having watched someone pass in a modern-day hospital, complete with a whole array of medical monitoring devices… it’s still not always a simple matter to tell when someone has transitioned from “alive” to “not.”

1 Like

I did hear a story about a man who insured a box of expensive cigars, smoked them, and then claimed they were destroyed in a series of small fires. The insurance company paid the claim and immediately sued him for arson.

I assume it would be a similar situation. Technically they may have to pay by the terms of the contract, but would find a way to reclaim the money through litigation.

1 Like

YARN | She may have died. | Friends (1994) - S01E08 The One Where Nana Dies Twice | Video clips by quotes | 7762cdf9 | 紗

@tcg550 This Christmas got a new phone, and somehow the texting app got scrambled in terms of matching text messages to my contacts. Long story short, my first text on it was a “Merry Christmas” from my college roommate…who died in 2015.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.