Remake of the greatest video game of all time

I don’t know about anyone else but this is my favorite game of all time (closely followed by The Legend of Zelda on NES).

This is how you remake a game. I’m hoping this comes as a bundle special edition PS5.

2 Likes

I hope they have abandoned the idea of making it episodic and just release the whole damn thing at once. I’d rather wait a year and have the whole thing than have it drip fed.

3 Likes

I’m confused. Did they do that with subsequent FF versions? Because 7 was all inclusive in a multi disc format.

This was back in 2015:

Given the unpopularity of this announcement, I hope they decided against doing this.

2 Likes

Ah. Gotcha. I hadn’t seen that. Ugh that won’t be fun.

1 Like

Sigh.

2 Likes

I had completely forgot about Barrett’s portrayal in the original. He still ended up being a fucking awesome character - in spite of the racism in the original translation - not because of it. Hopefully Square can do better in the remake.

He portrayed a stereotype and was definitely a homage/modeled after Mr T. I never saw that as racism on Square’s part. But some people want to find offense where ever they look.

2 Likes

It’s one thing modeling him off of Mr. T. There was no reason for his dialog to read like something out of a minstrel show.

I played the game. I know the dialogue. Like I said he was definitely a stereotype. There were a lot of characters that were in FF7. I just think it’s a stretch to claim racism on the part of Square on that (and other characterizations).

1 Like

Nobody else talks this way in the game universe, so there’s absolutely no reason for his dialog to be like this. It’s perpetuating negative stereotypes - how is this not racist?

I’ve played FFVII many times and as much as I love it, there’s several aspects that definitely have not aged well, and others that deserve criticism or reexamination.

I didn’t say anyone else talked the way he did. I said other characters are played as stereotypes of their own. Not all stereotypes are racially based.

I do not need to have an argument or discussion about what is or isn’t racism in video games that was not the point of the topic. Please stop picking a fight with me.

This thread’s called “Remake of the greatest video game of all time” but I don’t see a remake of Little Big Adventure 2 anywhere. I think the title’s broken.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.