Gunfighters lament a lonely lifestyle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/20/gunfighters-lament-a-lonely-li.html

4 Likes

Hair… none.

7 Likes

They should do a remake of Seven Samurai based on the remake of Magnificent Seven based on the original Magnificent Seven based on the original Seven Samurai.

25 Likes

I am pretty happy with this movie. I’d put it up there with The Princess Bride for not needing a remake, but it got one, so…

6 Likes

Great career move for introverts.

10 Likes

Seems most remakes are the result of the money people in Hollywood unable to deal with the uncertainty of an original idea. And, I’ll throw in sequels to that list.

3 Likes

“Yea, but I shoot with this hand”

16 Likes

Fucks given…none.

2 Likes

Skip the remake, not bad but also not good.

5 Likes

The original Magnificent Seven was just one of several remakes or quasi-remakes of Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai. Even A Bug’s Life got in on the action.

13 Likes

I watched part of the remake. It sucks. It was childishly overdone in every way. It sucks. Visually it was garish as a '90s web site. It sucks. In character development it was basically just an exercise in seeing how many different types they could jam together to have one of everything. It sucks. Casting-wise it was an abomination. It sucks. Plot-wise it was proof that Hollywood “creative” types have too few brains and too many drugs. It sucks. Peformance-wise it was a contest to see who could chew the scenery in the most blatant and ridiculous way possible. It sucks a LOT.

2 Likes

Forget the Magnificent 7 remake, try instead Battle Beyond the Stars

or Samurai 7

10 Likes

I forgot how much Yul Brenner could chew up a scene.

4 Likes

Nothing beat the crazy of Message From Space

4 Likes

in full screen mode (generally appropriate for watching movie clips), the bottom ad banner remains. This can obscure subtitles (as well as being ugly)

1 Like

After watching this film, The Ten Commandments, and The King and I, there’s no way I could forget. :wink:

1 Like

A movie where Vic Morrow appeared to be enjoying the prodigious output of Suntory Distilleries.

1 Like

Of course they had to cast Charlton Heston as Moses in The Ten Commandments. He was the only man alive at the time who had a chance of standing up to Brenner in overacting.

5 Likes

Battle Beyond The Stars - some grade A magnificent crap there. Roger Corman was the best grade Z producer who ever lived.

2 Likes

The original magnificent seven has one of the all-time great soundtracks.

1 Like