Remember "I Am Rich," the thousand dollar app?

Originally published at: Remember "I Am Rich," the thousand dollar app? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Not so rich now, are ya!

15 Likes

The OG NFT.

46 Likes

<=== :crazy_face: / :money_with_wings: ===>

18 Likes

AKA “A fool and his money – the app”.

22 Likes

And now those 8 people with the app have something even better than money: exclusivity.

13 Likes

That was 2008… oyyyyyy

9 Likes

two angry reviews stated that the purchase had been a mistake.

Presumably “mistake” in the sense of “I didn’t intend to buy it” not “I bought it deliberately but now regret it.” Because anyone who deliberately, soberly bought it has no cause for regret afterwards - they knew what they were buying.

6 Likes

A.K.A. the Stupid Tax app…

6 Likes

a5c488ff37f5ef302c19b876f66cdd882ada4d3a_1_352x500

8 Likes

Can I submit an app for One Billion Dollars? I only have to hook one of those guys, and I’ll even throw in an NFT.

7 Likes

I am looking forward to the Remember Remember “I Am Rich,” the thousand dollar app? thread? in 2031.

(If that is too long to wait, commenters below can remember this comment to the “Remember “I Am Rich,” the thousand dollar app?”)

5 Likes

Not available any more, so the rich have to go back to a Rolex.

3 Likes

Just one of the endless mac-nerd news cycles as apple would ban than unban than re-ban whole classes of apps as they tried to professionalize review guidelines.

Flashlight apps, fart noise apps, podcast players, SSL and terminal tools. I am sure there are others.

ugh.

1 Like

I mean there was a period when most any app required facebook login and giving up your friendlist. Could be a rational move for a rich person to decide $999 is bargain comparatively.

1 Like

There are scientific and engineering software packages that sell for thousands of dollars, why not an app? The end run around this is a $400 year subscription fee.

2 Likes

Maybe they intended to buy the Adam Rich app…

6 Likes

There are a few subscription based procedural asset generation software suites that do also, though they are actually used in films and AAA video games so the cost can be absorbed, I suppose.

1 Like

I put the icon image in my webspace and made a shortcut to it on my phone. Then changed the name to I Am Rich and whalla!

iar (1)

You can too, here’s the image:

RichRed (1)

7 Likes

Not sure why Apple banned it. Seems if someone wanted it, they bought it. The complainers should get their money back, no big deal.

1 Like