Remember taking the "Nestea Plunge" when it was hot?

You have to trick him into saying his own name backwards to make him go away.

4 Likes

I guess in the ocean we didn’t have far to fall… I don’t remember it hurting!

3 Likes

I have a set of those somewhere!

3 Likes

Wow, I hadn’t seen that one!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that was never a thing and all those videos are faked, as part of some perverse attempt to shore up a “Mandela Effect.”

2 Likes

In other news, Nestea, a joint venture of Nestle and Coca Cola, invites you to save all the beaches that are littered with their bottles.

1 Like

What are you doing with my grandparents cups? :wink:

More on topic, yeah, my cousin tried the plunge once. His entire back was red from it, so his sister and I didn’t try. Ouchy.

2 Likes

Well I’m seriously impressed, at least. It’s just a random string I generated, I don’t even have it memorized, it goes straight from my password manager into the login prompt. I try not to re-use screen names across different sites to help dissuade casual creepers. In an era when people seem pretty intent on making their individual presence known on the internet, I’m much more interested in leaving the smallest footprint possible.

I’m prone to saying things that the far right would find mighty objectionable, as well, so it at least helps prevent cross-site harassment. That was a lesson that I learned the hard way a long time ago, back when that kind of thing was still relatively uncommon.

4 Likes

Say it slowly, it rhymes. That’s a world of help in its self…

2 Likes

I’ve never tried that, it does have a certain sort of rhythmic meter to it, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Who here remembers falling backward onto a couch, entering a near passed out state during the blazing summer heat, and coolin’ off with a viewing of Catalina Caper?!

4 Likes

Every Sunday night in high school!

Well, not this movie specifically, but MST3K on KTCA was where it was at.

3 Likes

Haha! (The only reason I chose to reference CC is b/c of the scene where the guy falls off the boat into the water, recalling, of course, the Nestea Plunge.)

2 Likes

You kind sir / madam, are invited to my next pool party!

2 Likes

I remember the ads, but I never cared for that brand of tea.

Even as a kid, before all this “Brisk” and “Cool” bullshit, it wasn’t.

My favourite is as follows:

Take one large Mason-type jar. Add a bag of cheap orange pekoe. Fill with water, put a lid on it and stick it in the fridge overnight.

Remove the teabag, sweeten and add lemon to taste. Lay back in the sun and enjoy.

Not that much harder than popping open a can. With a good lid on, it’s even portable.

3 Likes

This is the only Poolmart jingle I know

Nope.

Also, Long Island Ice Tea is where it’s at.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.