Rep. Elijah Cummings has passed away

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/17/rep-elijah-cummings-has-passe.html

8 Likes

Dammit.

22 Likes

Much too young.

If there is to be any fitting tribute to him, it would be that all Dem nominees promise right now to incorporate “we are better than this” into every speech made in the general election. Because it’s true.

19 Likes

Dang it, he was a good one for sure. Rest old friend of the people.

10 Likes

It’s a sad day for our district. He was much involved with all of the communities he represented and always made my town’s birthday party every year.

Our part of the district has had a racial incident last May at one of the rural schools and Howard County is going under turmoil around the school redistricting, and much of the discussion can get racially charged. It would have been nice if we had his guidance a bit longer.

At least the primary will be interesting.

11 Likes

Oh no, that’s pretty young, but I can imagine the kind of stress he was under. I hope his replacement carries on his legacy.

7 Likes

Given the current geopolitical situation they should check for polonium and novichok at the autopsy.

5 Likes

Ok - I’ll say the ugly thing. Why can’t it be some douchebag like trump that dies in his sleep instead of a hero like Cummings.

10 Likes

Not ugly at all, IMHO. I am opposed to the death penalty, but there sure are some people out there who would make the world a better place by not being in it.

7 Likes

Like…

What a sad day. Cummings was still fighting for justice and is going to be missed.
5 Likes

Proof that this unfortunate timeline is not only stupid, but vindictive.

4 Likes

its not vengeance, only justice

I’m torn between Trump saying something about this and saying nothing about this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.