Senator John McCain is dead

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/25/senator-john-mccain-is-dead.html

4 Likes

One of his best moments:
Even a stopped clock…

27 Likes

To be replaced by an even worse senator, no doubt.

No tears here - for such a “maverick” he was still an ardent supporter of the Trump and ultra conservative agenda.

Remember folks, his legendary “nay” vote on the ACA repeal wasn’t on principle, it was on a technicality.

30 Likes

Fuck him. Period

24 Likes

Huh? McCain publicly withdrew his support for Trump before the election even, and they’ve been sniping at each other ever since.

10 Likes

For a conservative he was one of the best you could ask for. He will be missed.

9 Likes

He wasn’t a nuts-o Republican, I give him that. I was in the Navy and they love showing the infamous USS Forestall accident, and in the video it was a young John McCain running away from the explosion.

2 Likes

He always made a show and then would cave in to the GOP overlords. Good fucking riddance.

32 Likes

An imperfect and flawed individual. Just like the rest of us.

17 Likes

How many bombing attacks on global south peasants are you responsible for?

Personally, I see a bit of a difference between “all humans are flawed” and “responsible for sustained mass murder over a period of decades”. There are degrees of flawed-ness, and those degrees matter.

31 Likes

I celebrate the death of no man.
But a guy that stood in front of a live press conference and sang “bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran” to the tune of the Beach Boys is not someone who I will miss.

38 Likes

I’m glad Reagan McCain’s dead

3 Likes

Yet voted with him at every opportunity

8 Likes

The core of the issue:

26 Likes

I’m not happy he died, but I’m not sad either.

That said:

35 Likes

Fair winds and following seas sir.

3 Likes

Another relevant point:

21 Likes

The only Republican I voted for and don’t regret it. We shouldn’t have been in Vietnam but, at least John McCain served with honor and integrity. No such qualities can be found with the modern day Republicans.

3 Likes

Didn’t stop him from voting to confirm all of Trump’s people and nearly every one of his pet policies.

Despite their feud he rarely broke ranks.

23 Likes

Mostly I agree; but he did think it was okay for Sarah Palin to be one heartbeat away from the presidency.

Also everyone forgets that he was one of the Keating five…

17 Likes