Rep. Ron Wright first member of congress to die from Covid-19

Originally published at: Rep. Ron Wright first member of congress to die from Covid-19 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

So, possibly a compromised immune system that vaccination wouldn’t help. Everyone else wearing masks might have.

50 Likes

Did he himself practice social distancing and mask wearing? Nobody is surprised by the R.

16 Likes

Now comes the “he-died-from-this-not-that” fight.

33 Likes

This is the first time the browser extension below made itself truly useful (fascist scumbags like Cruz and Hawley are obvious). I immediately knew from the headline alone that he was a Republican and a traitor to liberal democracy. That’s how Rep. Ron Wright will be remembered.

45 Likes

Eveyone must sacrifice in the name of GOP’s plan to make line go up

16 Likes
26 Likes

Death cultists gonna death cult.

Which is of course a really monstrous way to discuss the pandemic, because when people say “oh that death doesn’t count because they were old/had other comorbidities” what they’re really doing is advocating a eugenicist’s dream of a society dictated by survival of the fittest.

30 Likes

I’m not hopeful, but maybe some of his constituents eyes will be opened by this.

3 Likes
17 Likes

Ah, so it was the comorbidities all along.

Honestly the lengths some people will go to to keep this coronavirus hoax going never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, all of the above was sarcasm.

17 Likes

Play stupid games -win stupid prizes.

5 Likes

Installed it! Thanks for bringing it to my attention :slight_smile:

Although the asterisk is not red for me. But that’s ok.

2 Likes

Sadly, I suspect he won’t be the last member of Congress to die from the disease.

8 Likes

He was diagnosed less than 2 weeks after the Jan 6th Insurrection.

17 Likes

Same here. You never know… although politics makes strange death fellows.

8 Likes

So, what you are saying is, Nazis have Nazi ideals? To them, this is a feature, not a bug.

It’s just, every Nazi thinks they are a superman and couldn’t possibly be one of the unfit…

14 Likes

I have not yet read this, though I’ve had twenty years to do so.

3 Likes

That is exactly what my first thought was, some folks definitely had to get sick from that. I know AOC was posting about her Covid vaccine and she got her second shot the day of the attack, so maybe this guy couldn’t get vaccinated due to the cancer?

9 Likes

wright happened to have been my representative. i have left a variety of phone messages and written several letters disagreeing with him and asking him to take alternative courses of action. not only did he vot against certifying the election but ha also joined in gohmert’s lawsuit seeking to throw out the votes of pennsylvania and arizona.

19 Likes