Report: Ailes out at Fox News

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/18/report-ailes-out-at-fox-news.html

2 Likes

19 Likes

While I’m glad Ailes will be going, I think it’s a bit disingenuous for the Murdochs to claim that they apparently had no idea until Gretchen Carlson sued Ailes and they instituted an investigation.

Right.

22 Likes

Dear Fux News Comedy Channel, please die.

35 Likes

Denial, it’s not just a river in Africa; for some, it’s a whole way of doing business.

8 Likes

But haven’t half the Murdochs wanted rid of Ailes for years - he is gauche and resistant to modernizing their image what with the homophobia and anti science stuff - perhaps they see an opportunity here.

That said, given the shit storm that is England, the notion that his replacement will be in any way benign is misguided.

14 Likes

Desperate attempt to avoid responsibility for an aggressively misogynist workplace culture that they’ve endorsed since day one.

12 Likes

No doubt there will be conspiracy theories about how this just so happens to be going on at the same time as the whole Trump and Brexit mess. To be sure, I’m not saying the harassment allegations are false – I’m just thinking that maybe someone decided it was time for him to stop getting away with it, perhaps because he wasn’t playing ball one way or another.

5 Likes

I see what you did there…

6 Likes

He was going to retire at 65, but like most Americans he didn’t save enough in his 401K during the Bush years. He had to wait for a Democratic President to fix the economy.

I think he will demand to be fired so he get those huge unemployment checks the other layabouts get.

Maybe he’ll just retire so he can get all his accumulated sick days.

Maybe he didn’t retire at 65 so he can collect those huge Social Security checks.

5 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa let’s just back up here people. Without Richard Ailes, who will make sure only blonde women who are attractive to the target demographic are shown on TV and say and do exactly what is expected of them?

I mean, without him, we’re liable to see an a redhead anchor on air or god forbid… a brunette.

13 Likes

I wonder where Geraldo is standing now.

2 Likes

Hair color being the ONLY diversity on Faux News

6 Likes

I don’t get it.

How much would it have cost Ailes to make this whole thing go away? $100 grand tops? That’s pocket change to him. Why did he ever let the suit get filed to begin with? Does he really think it was “just a few harmless jokes?” That it will all blow over?

1 Like

My money’s on ‘Deep Shit.’

2 Likes

Yeah it is.

1 Like

Ooh, I don’t think so. I imagine that Carlson was making a couple of million per year. Having her demoted and then released puts her in a significant disadvantage. Working for FOX is just a cherry on that turd sundae.

But then, Fox is not a credible source of information.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.