Report: Deutsche Bank wants Trump to pay off $340m debt immediately after election

it is not clear who would want to buy the loans

Came to say the same. Carry on.

4 Likes

They might still be pissed about the $3B counter suit Trump filed blaming them for the 2008 recession

7 Likes

Perhaps because they are not identical, equivalent scenarios? The Hunter Biden allegations are that he traded on his father’s name for his own benefit and those of some private interests. The Kennedy allegations involve a massive breach of the public trust. One is little league gritting, the other is professional treason.

10 Likes

Considering the other things DB has been found doing, Russian mobsters having a secret controlling interest in them would not come as any kind of shock.

4 Likes

Indeed. Surely there’s a reason that Kennedy hired a whole slate of pages for the next Court seasion, only to suddenly announce his retirement a few days later. Surely there’s a reason why Kennedy has that look of shock on his face after Trump whispered to him after Kavanaugh’s appointment.

5 Likes

Fraudenfreude: That feeling when you realize the grifter you were trying to grift was grifting with an empty wallet the whole time.

14 Likes

Okay, I have edited it. Hopefully it now makes sense.

1 Like

Deep waters, those…
The Forbes piece is interesting, but the figures therein quoted look (to my ignorant eye) really high. 180 megabucks for Mar-a-Lago? Who, pray, is going to break that kind of piggy bank for that schlockotorium? Anyway it’s in the electorate’s hands, please vote and vote well!

4 Likes

Maybe because trump has over valued his properties for years. More realistic numbers may be forth coming:

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/commercial-real-estate/former-trump-land-use-lawyer-ordered-give-docs-ny-attorney-general

In which case he may fall short trying to cover his debts.

10 Likes

How much do you want to bet that mid-november, the US treasury pays off the loans for him? Not sure how exactly, but I’m sure Mnuchin can fit in with all those non-oversited PPE loans somehow.

2 Likes

4 Likes

And under-maintained them, from a number of articles I’ve read over the years. He’s that kind of developer.

7 Likes

I saw a thing on that Some More News Youtube channel today that pointed out just how often Turmp appeared in eighties and nineties movies as a thinly disguised one-dimensional bad guy.

This post reminds me of an example the video missed, in Tom Wolfe’s lesser-known book A Man In Full, where some bankers humiliate the Turmp character over money he owes them.

It seems like America has hated Turmp, and longed for his downfall, for decades. I bet there’s a ton of psychology to be explored about how that hatred somehow evolved into a pro-Turmp cult.

9 Likes

I still remember laughing about the “Daniel Clamp” character played by John Glover in “Gremlins 2”. And of course, there’s a reason I call the grifter-in-chief “Biff”:

9 Likes

Based on the Trumpworld conspiracy theories Hunter Biden was able to enrich his wealth by using his family name and connections. The hypocrisy of these accusations are simply ridiculous given that Trump makes most of his money by licensing his name. And the only reason why anybody knows who his children are are because they are his children and they use their name and family connections to enrich themselves. Seems like a classic case of IOKIYAR.

Anthony Kennedy basically sold his seat on the Supreme Court.

I don’t know about you, but I can tell you which action I find to be more outrageous.

10 Likes

Oh dear. What an absolutely beastly thing to have happened to prey on his mind - what’s left of it. Surprised the bloke can sleep at night. Oh, wait - he has no conscience, empathy or anything else remotely human, that’s probably how he manages it.

4 Likes

Cool. It’ll be like the margin call for the Duke Brothers,

11 Likes

Bless you random internet person.

2 Likes

Thanks, another “interesting in a slow-train-crash kind of way” bit of information. I do wonder how it’s going to end.

2 Likes

Gold, gold, gold! Another one gold!

1 Like