Report finds cricket in Britain a cesspool of sexist, racist and elitist discrimination

Originally published at: Report finds cricket in Britain a cesspool of sexist, racist and elitist discrimination | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Substitute “British Conservative Party” instead throughout this piece (and, indeed, the report itself) and you won’t be able to tell the difference. Which, alas, probably also tells you far too much about the UK.

10 Likes

The same can be said for substituting “british cricket” with “american football” and you got the same sort of situation here in the states lmao

12 Likes

I figure the sentence “Report finds _____ in Britain a cesspool of sexist, racist and elitist discrimination” is probably true for just about any pastime/sport/activity that existed in Britain in the 19th century.

7 Likes

YARN | It's just not cricket. | Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) | Video clips by quotes | 3f6808a8 | 紗

5 Likes

ImShockedNotThatShocked.Gif

4 Likes

Sure, but wasn’t cricket was supposed to be their conscience?

7 Likes

Hardly a suprise…

3 Likes

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

9 Likes

I am so shocked that my monocle dropped into my snifter of brandy.

12 Likes
2 Likes

Not at all surprised. The Murdoch media coverage of the current Ashes only reinforces it.

I’ve seen stories in the last day or so that bagged the English players for laughing and talking with the Aus batters on field rather than being mean to the beastly colonials. It’s only been a week since there were stories that the Aus team would lose because they were ‘woke’ because they no longer toast a win with beer so they don’t exclude star batsman Usman Khawaja, a Muslim. The thought that the game should be inclusive is clearly horrific.

7 Likes

Instead of a conscience they rely on Michael Holding

This comes on the back of the Yorkshire report (and all counties need to take the same look).

btw this is England and Wales (not Scotland, but there is no reason to assume that Scotland is immune).

5 Likes

They better not, considering he carried them through the first test

3 Likes

Report finds $INSTITUTION in Britain a cesspool of sexist, racist and elitist discrimination

4 Likes

Anyone who’s read the comments below a few Guardian stories and UK youtubers’s vids knows that far too many Brits are sexist and racist bigots. Some youtube comments sections are so bad I’ve chewed out the bigots, and said I would unsubscribe from the channels b/c of them, and did so.

Anubis-cricket

2 Likes

The worst people in TERF Island have felt like they have been given the right to abuse people since Brexit. Things weren’t great before 2016 (This report was never going to be a shock), but then half the country pulled the other half into the express elevator to hell. Now we look like we are only a few years behind Florida and Texas.

5 Likes

We just have to keep telling ourselves the truth: those nanowit fuckers are the loud, ugly, and small minority. brexshit amplified all their bullshit. Makes me sick to see that shit on both sides of The Pond. The only things that are big about them are their ignorance, their pants, and their voices.

And they’re all pants.

All blessings to you and yours. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.