Reporter arrested for asking HHS Tom Price this forbidden question on Trumpcare and domestic violence

"…The defendant was causing a disturbance at Ms. Conway and Secretary Price.”

Uh, 1) you can “cause a disturbance at someone? and 2) it is a crime?

2 Likes

A “no comment” would have been sufficient.

Now with the arrest, Tom Price could be answering these questions in an open courtroom after the eventual subpoena (and bench warrant if judge is sufficiently nonplussed by his non-answer.)

2 Likes

More Banana Republic policing of thought.

1 Like

I’m from WV and I recognized this reporter’s name when I first saw this as a local story. He was a Public Radio reporter for years. He’s certainly no freelancer with an ax to grind. I am so proud of him, and I can’t say how thrilled I am to see this story being carried nationally. Let this be an inspiration to local reporters across the country to hold the bastards accountable.

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,

7 Likes

January 20, 2017. Jus’ sayin’.

See also, Godwin’s Law (cf. Hitler, Nazis)

*lolz

This ain’t exactly ‘my first rodeo’ - I’ve long since been hip to the phenom:

3 Likes

It’s not Godwinning if the guy in power thinks he’s god because he’s sick of winning.

3 Likes

True, but I don’t think that person was even referring to 45 directly; just trying to chime in with my comments about internet discussions in general.

1 Like

On one level - Trump and his ilk have been normalized, but at the same time, everything Trump does still gets described as “not normal” - because it’s so far outside the bounds of normal behavior for not only someone in his position, but often for any functional member of society.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.