Ingraham Urges GOP to brag about restricting women's rights

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/08/10/ingraham-urges-gop-to-brag-about-restricting-womens-rights.html

7 Likes

Please GOP put her in charge of the 2024 platform!

20 Likes

I would SO hate to be her.
Of course we hear this all the time, that’s not my point.
I just don’t understand how she lives with herself.

Among all these clowns (well, maybe Piro), I don’t understand how she can be her, day after
miserable day.

10 Likes

She’ll just go and create her own show on the internet like all the others, though. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

They should “build on it”? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

7 Likes

It means “Gilead”.

27 Likes

It means that they’ll go after the “morning after” pill next, then contraception, before moving on to repealing no-fault divorce*. Of course, wealth and power will buy women like Ingraham continued access to all of it, but they’re no longer hiding what they want for the peons.

[* Yes, seriously…

]

21 Likes

Another top priority of the fringe – which means it’ll be a top priority of the mainstream of the party in the next 6-12 months – is executions for anyone who has ever had or performed an abortion.

9 Likes

Abortion is more popular than Biden, so yes, please, Republicans - brag as much as possible about what you’ve done (and would like to further do) to women’s rights. It’s a sure-fire winner. Just not for you.

14 Likes

“The decision should be made by the people” she said, in her report condemning people celebrating their victory at the polls…

13 Likes
3 Likes

leaving party operatives who spoke with ABC News saying the same thing: The GOP still hasn’t figured out how to talk about the issue.

No, you idiots! The GQP hasn’t figured out that it was dead wrong on this and this issue will kill it!

But you go ahead and pretend it’s a messaging issue, and not a substantive one. Meanwhile, we will be working to fix the mess you have made of our country.

20 Likes

16 Likes

“Substantive” is the word. The Beltway bubble crowd is missing the point. The GOP and its surrogates like Ingraham know this is a loser issue in a democratic context. Which is why she’s counseling using it and doubling down in order to impel the Know Nothing 27% to further their efforts to undermine liberal-democratic institutions.

8 Likes

The GQP tr0lling machine being advised on tactics to recruit more tr0lls, in essence.

5 Likes

Yes, please do make this Topic #1 for 2024, GOP politicians. I’ll just be sitting over here smiling. No, no, there’s nothing funny about this. Nothing at all. Nope, I just feel good today is all, you go right ahead with that “must strip women of the right of their family planning choices and bodily autonomy” speech you want to give.

Thanks Ingraham! Don’t forget to throw up a Nazi salute on your way out.

8 Likes

Yes. And violent insurrectionists too. The inside baseball media wonks still think this is a question of a business-as-usual democratic contest over policy where the majority will rule. Ingraham and the GOP are playing a very different game.

10 Likes

So mind-bogglingy cruel and self-defeating it calls to mind the Boondocks take on Coulter…

6 Likes

Useful idiots have always been useful and there are more of them these days, they are more easily found, and more easily communicated to.

Zuckerberg et al have done nothing more than build a “find a useful idiot” platform. When alien historians eventually dig deep they’ll date the death of mankind as having started in Sept 2006 when Fuckbook was opened up to anyone at all (previously, students only).

I recall sitting at my desk at work around that time and a colleague (25 years younger than me) asking me if I was going to sign up (as had all her ‘friends’ already) and I said not. Why would I want to put my private life online where anyone could see it, and anyone could target me on any basis of any of it, for any nefarious purpose - and I had a vague feeling it would not end well.

7 Likes

Well remember, “The People” in FauxWorld is code for “White Wealthy Overseers” and not all those other, browner, poorer, unqualified librul voters. They’re working on making sure their votes don’t get counted.

2 Likes