Republican election officials block restrictions on foreign spending in US elections

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/16/republican-election-officials.html

2 Likes

Fools. Who do you suppose has more wealthy overseas contacts - a former Secretary of State, or a guy who built some golf courses?

8 Likes

Politics at the national level isn’t about representing anything anymore. It’s just a good way to make boatloads of cash.

8 Likes

American style conservatism is essentially nothing more than prosperity gospel level power worship.

10 Likes

Given her husbands business - she should have recused herself from this decision. In a rational world, she’d be relived of her position.

1 Like

You’d think, after nominating Drumpf, that the rump that’s left of the GOP would be doing everything in their power to visibly and volubly appear sane, rational, and to be working in the countries interests. But no.

That must have been some tasty tasty Kool Aid they were handing out at the convention back in July.

5 Likes

Let me say up front that I am in no way approving of this situation, but I do find it interesting that in effect it begins to level the playing field given the relative impact American elections have on the rest of the world.

Now, if people wanted to really make it more interesting and fair, consider giving everybody in the world (wealthy or not!) a vote in American elections.

5 Likes

Republicans gonna repub

1 Like

Citizens United Under Corporatization Or Leading, Duh. CUUCOLD.

I just leave this here…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.