Republican lawmaker who wanted to be named "The Patriot" on the ballot told "No" by election board

Originally published at: Republican lawmaker who wanted to be named "The Patriot" on the ballot told "No" by election board | Boing Boing

2 Likes

…and yet the right wing loves to accuse the left of virtue signaling…

15 Likes

He should stick with what his mother called him. The burden.

18 Likes

Hailee Steinfeld Ok GIF by Apple TV+

Yet likely true. So, you know, fuck that guy.

6 Likes

This reminds me of the episode where George tries to get everyone to call him “T-Bone” but his coworkers choose a different moniker instead.

5 Likes

Nowadays, a Republican calling himself a patriot just means he thinks the wrong side won World War II.

3 Likes

Just a matter of time until these constructs get their names changed legally to get around the boards.

3 Likes

Oklahoma election rules allow a candidate to use a nickname if it’s a name the candidate is generally known by or who does business using the nickname.

Douche-Canoe wasn’t available?

4 Likes

Sean Roberts? I know the Republican Party loves them some generic white dudes, but this guy’s name paired with that picture gives me Algorithmic Politician™ vibes. Are we sure he wasn’t invented by software?

2 Likes

Here I was thinking it was “the constant reminder that drinking can lead to a lifetime of regret”…

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve been called Jesus Christ a lot. I should run in OK. Sure it’s more like “Jesus Christ what an idiot” but still…

4 Likes

Something accusation something something confession.

2 Likes

If he can’t run as “The Patriot”, how about “Oath Tripe”?

1 Like

Data insufficient…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.