Republican Senator dumped ~$1.5m in stock before crash, while reassuring public that coronavirus was no big deal

Sen. Burr just had the good fortune of being in the room where it happens, the room where it happens :musical_note:

10 Likes

Guess who her husband is?

14 Likes

Great! One insider trader down! 534 more to go!

1 Like

Seriously, mission accomplished!

1 Like

You know… this may sound nuts… but when I think of Hamilton, I think of he being the first Sec of the US Treasury, and not of a musical which I’ve never seen.

3 Likes

He was also one of the first Federalists, which depending on how you feel about centralized power, a good or bad thing. Vidal was on the “bad” side.

2 Likes

I suspect that an uncomfortable number of GenYs and Centennials will think the picture depicts a celebration honoring the very first Furry.

2 Likes

It seems that the qualifications to be a modern conservative are:

1. Short (convenient) memory
  2. Very great love for money
  3. Be totally two-faced
  4. Must not care about anyone from a lower economic status
5 Likes

Now do Mitch.

11 Likes

My wife works for the SEC doing enforcement. She says that this could very well be considered insider trading as using any information that the public isn’t privy to in order to make investment decisions is all that is required.

14 Likes

Not-at-all coincidentally, here’s a sketch of Burr and Loeffler sitting together during the impeachment hearings… (that Burr himself recently used as his Twitter profile pict, for some reason)

5 Likes

Some of those who work boing boing, are the same that post guillotines.

Uggh!

2 Likes

Having seen firsthand and up-close the effect of a burr under a saddle blanket, I still feel bad for the horse almost 40 years later. The best way to describe this horse was stoic. It hardly gave me any indication there was a problem (yes, I was the rider). Just this tendency to turn from time to time. Up until it decided “Fuck This!” and bolted for the barn through a forest. My younger brother bailed off the back (I think he literally grabbed the branch I ducked). I rode it out. We’re it not for the cause, it would have been epic.

Back at the barn we discovered a burr had worn quarter size hole through the skin. Looked like a friggin’ gunshot wound.

I don’t have any problem with someone using the term burr under the saddle. 'Cause it’s a pretty apt description for something that hurts and can get really bad if not dealt with in time.

6 Likes
14 Likes

Add David Perdue to the list.

12 Likes

Reboing:

I just woke up and this was the first thing I started reading. As I was reading the comments I had this vision of what the punishment for anyone who has profited on the suffering of us all should be. Convert all their wealth to gold, melt it down, and make them drink it. As I said, I’m still pretty bleary eyed and tired, but if there’s an afterlife, I hope that’s their punishment when they finally get to Hell.

In the meantime, assuming they just skate through this with no repercussions like they’ve been doing for years, we need to do what we legally can do. Vote them out of office, and never forget what they’ve done. Carve it into rocks.

9 Likes

Not a reboing. Note that this is a closely related but distinct Burr scandal – Rob’s article is about Burr dumping his own stocks; Mark’s article is about him telling his rich friends to dump their stocks.

15 Likes

Right, but he’s an elite, so he’s above the law. Bet your fancy pants course doesn’t cover advanced topics like that.

That’s what happens when the ‘justice’ system utterly fails to be just. People start wondering - eventually out loud - what justice looks like and where it may be found.

4 Likes