Republicans refuse to back Jordan but he wants a floor vote anyway

Originally published at: Republicans refuse to back Jordan but he wants a floor vote anyway | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Congress for life extremist boasts the support of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Donald J. Trump.

Might also be mentioned that ‘gym’ jordan communicated with trump in reporting and assisting the Jan6 insurrections from “inside the House”. A “traitor from within”, if you will. Exactly the sort of Speaker that trump would most like.

14 Likes
13 Likes

So, Gym isn’t actually qualified to hold public office under the 14th amendment?!

Our thoughts are that by demanding a vote (and tRump will raise big noise about Gym all weekend, likely, and it’ll be a roll call vote), it’s going to be an “Are you WITH US or AGAINST US?” moment for Congressional GOP members.

If they dare, they can put the rabid dog down, but they’ll be third against the wall in the new regime. If no new regime, then perhaps we can get on with governing again, but somebody is going to need strong arms to bear that torch.

14 Likes

Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

I’m guessing he’s trying to get a number of people who Trump can count on to back him…

But he’s a white dude, so he gets a pass… :rage:

See Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Also, JINX!

coca cola coke GIF

14 Likes

Party Soccer GIF by Coca-Cola

11 Likes

Risky for Congress. Gym will turn a blind eye if members are exposed.

5 Likes

As on Jan 6, Jordan believes that even if a candidate doesn’t have enough votes to win, they should still be declared leader if they’re the noisiest loser.

14 Likes

I’m waiting for one of them to start screaming vote fraud over this.

13 Likes

FmBl7SYaUAEniAc

20 Likes

8 Likes

Sorry to those for whom this is already obvious, but I see this situation as Trump´s fault for not winning or clawing his way back to a second term as expected. This gallery of primadonnas was perfectly suited for creating a weak, innefectual, yes-man congress to compliment his dictatorial kleptocracy. There was never any plan to find it necessary for them to unify or govern

Come Monday.

IMG_0716

6 Likes

bubba-ho-tep-elvis

4 Likes

Maybe they can save time by doing one ballot with each of their rank and a ‘Speaker’ ‘Fuchs’ ‘Kylle’ ranking, on repeat? In which instead of marrying Don or other things, the members get into the next round for a single speaker, commit to backing someone in rounds, or go back to their state to hold a recall election?

2 Likes

American Mars is a local band I often saw perform in the mid-90s. This recording sounds kinda ‘country,’ but when they played, it was pure alternative. They used to be great.

…Sometimes you wink
Sometimes you spin
Sometimes you lose
Sometimes you lose bad…

I’d never want to hear him thinkin,’ but definitely looking forward to gym jordan’s losing baaad.

3 Likes

Gym Jordan, Dimwit Extraordinaire.

#NeverVoteRepublican - the Know Nothing, Do Nothing (except cause chaos) party

3 Likes

i do like the general idea. maybe implement some sort of demerit system? each day without a speaker, the gop automatically forfeits 1% of votes in the next election

or maybe, better… each day without a speaker, they must select one member to sacrifice to the gorn

star trek reptile GIF

6 Likes

I’m kind of partial to without a speaker, they can’t do any other business.

Including adjournment.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.