Jim Jordan loses 2nd House speaker vote by wider margin than 1st

Originally published at: Jim Jordan loses 2nd House speaker vote by wider margin than 1st | Boing Boing

13 Likes

I hesitate to say anything, because I’m afraid we’ll end up with this asshat as Speaker anyway (assuming they can’t find someone worse), but I’m enjoying the Schadenfreude while it lasts.

35 Likes

I must admit the schadenfreude from this has brightened up my day.

14 Likes

chaos caucus thinks continuing chaos is the right('s) way to eat everyone’s face

(link to ‘live’ coverage)

9 Likes

When the number of votes for him reaches zero, the counter will reset and then he’ll get all of them.

14 Likes

24 Likes

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

14 Likes

One person voted for John Boehner. I really want someone to interview him about this.

19 Likes

I think the guy playing sad trombone might need a break after this…

20 Likes

Trying to see if he can beat the last guy’s record? He’s got a ways to go…

4 Likes

Ah, the Nuclear Gandhi strategy.

9 Likes

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

15 Likes

I did read somewhere that a democratic congress critter was willing to vote for Liz Cheney or Mitt Romney as a compromise. It seemed like they were serious too. (Was ABC or MSNBC- they seem to be throwing stuff in front of my face on YouTube)

7 Likes

It’s kind of depressing that there are 200 people who would vote for Gym Jordan for anything.

20 Likes

It was Jamie Raskin…

18 Likes

I absolutely love that there was a huge applause break for Hakeem and a smaller one, but with a big grin from Captain Bowtie for John Boehner.

Didn’t hear a single clap or cheer for ol’ Jimmy though.

12 Likes

Sheesh. I bet the wag who submitted this write-in vote also spelled it “John Boner.”

6 Likes

Unlike Scalise, this asshole won’t have the good grace to stop when it’s clear he won’t ever be able to get there. I didn’t agree with Boehner on much, but calling him the primary legislative terrorist in the House is right. I’m pretty sure that if he finally feels like he won’t be able to get the gavel, he will go full destruction mode and just burn the whole House to the ground.

7 Likes

(Image unattributed)

4 Likes

you love to see it.

3 Likes