Jim Jordan fails yet again, losing 3rd vote for House speaker in biggest defeat yet

Originally published at: Jim Jordan fails yet again, losing 3rd vote for House speaker in biggest defeat yet | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Despicable Me Lol GIF

19 Likes

Gordon Ramsay Kiss GIF by Hell's Kitchen

16 Likes

Best possible outcome.

6 Likes

I don’t know… I’m enjoying the endless failing, but am frustrated by all of this, too…

melissa mccarthy wtf GIF

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

18 Likes

Not quite. Best possible outcome would’ve been some of them stomping out in a toddler tantrum, changing quorum and Jeffries gets it.

This is still amusing and I wonder how many more he’s going to lose in the next one, if there’s a next one for him.

19 Likes

The plan is to lose enough votes to get a negative number of votes, causing an unsigned integer overflow and Jordan winning by 65,535 votes.

24 Likes

I thought this reality seemed buggy atm!

7 Likes

His loss was even greater than Wednesday’s vote, in which 22 Republicans voted against him.

want(s) a recursion fit to estimate when the votes for ‘gym’ attain zero (or hell, negative. nod to @SpeedRacer )

7 Likes

The other Republican representatives who received votes today were: Steve Scalise (8), Lee Zeldin (4), Byron Donalds (2), Kevin McCarthy (2), Tom Emmer (1), Mike Garcia (1), and Bruce Westerman (1).

What? No votes for Pat Paulsen?

withposter

9 Likes

in the words of Jim Jordan “get back to work”.

1 Like

14 Likes

Don’t they only need like 5 Republicans to vote with the Democrats to elect somebody? And isn’t it perfectly fine to nominate someone who’s not a member of the house? Surely there must be someone in America so universally beloved that even the 5 least insane Republicans could get behind them. Tom Hanks, perhaps? Michael Jordan? Kermit the Frog? Everybody loves Kermit, right? Sure, the MAGA loons would wail about his woke green agenda, but there’s no sense trying to please those shitheads, and you don’t need to. All you need is 5!

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting for a Democrat to do that, just to show their disdain.

Though on the other hand, I’m glad they’re not just fucking around, since your government will be shutting down in less than four weeks if this continues.

4 Likes

Jim Jordan has been told he’s the most popular man in America, and he’s going to insist on more and more votes until it becomes true.

6 Likes

839mki

10 Likes

On the one hand voting for the other party’s nominee isn’t really something that has ever happened and we have no reason to expect it will in the forseeable future.

On the other hand Republicans are trying to make the case that this ongoing debacle is on the Democrats, so it’s totally fair to ask “why is it more reasonble to expect 20 Democrats to do the unprecedented and vote for Jim Jordan than it is to expect 4 Republicans to do the unprecedented and vote for Hakeem Jeffries?”

12 Likes

Only 210 for Jeffries?
The other two Dems off today?

2 Likes

At least the McCarthy hearings held two to three votes a day instead of just one every two days. It’s like Wargames: The more frequently you play, the sooner you understand futility.

6 Likes

In defense of Jordan, he’s confusing this with golf, where the lowest score wins.
Bill Hader Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes