Reputed Deutsche Bank whistleblower and federal informant found dead

Originally published at: Reputed Deutsche Bank whistleblower and federal informant found dead | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Mortality rate among whistleblowers is staggeringly high.

36 Likes

Well said. The whole of the GOP is an enormous RICO case waiting to happen.

28 Likes

And they wonder why so many complicit people so often fail to ‘do the right thing.’

27 Likes

Waiting looks to be the operative word here.

18 Likes

Godot

21 Likes

Putinesque.

5 Likes

Shot himself in the back of the head… twice?

8 Likes

At least he tried to stay away from balconies.

2 Likes
8 Likes

So this is a case of follow the money AND the bodies? Yeeesh.

4 Likes

Wow, your reach must be reaaaaaally long when you can cow the entire LA police force into submissive silence.

8 Likes

There’s a lot of that going around.

7 Likes

I don’t mean to be conspiratorial, but Deutsche Bank was laundering money for a lot of seriously scary, incredibly successful criminals. Anyone in this situation dying suddenly must be treated with some suspicion at least.

Eh, they don’t even have to bribe or intimidate anyone - they just need to kill the guy in a way that the police don’t have obvious reason to think it was murder - and the cops ain’t that bright, so that’s surprisingly easy.

6 Likes

Accidentally fell down an open elevator shaft. Onto some bullets.

5 Likes

I read the book mentioned in the piece “Dark Towers: Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump, and an Epic Trail of Destruction,” and unfortunately Valentin Broeksmit was an addict and given where his body was found, I imagine his bloodwork will come back positive for fentanyl. The material he had from his late step father was useful in brining attention to the terrible actions of Deutsche Bank but it’s usefulness was long ago exhausted to have any bearing for a midnight assassination.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is he was secretly murdered by himself. /s

8 Likes

If only he’d thought to marry a hologram, who could’ve cheered him up with a batch of honey hot salmon sticks. :cry:

4 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.