Donald Trump's longtime banker at Deutsche Bank resigns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/22/donald-trumps-longtime-banker-at-deutsche-bank-resigns.html

8 Likes

What a coincidence.

27 Likes

I don’t think Donnie can pardon crimes charged in Germany.

21 Likes

19 Likes

“I’ve chosen to resign my position with the bank effective Dec. 31 and am looking forward to my retirement,” Ms. Vrablic, 60, said in a statement on Tuesday.

Given that this “choice” was very likely forced and that she won’t be benefitting from DB’s in-house legal dept. when the AGs’ subpoenas arrive, her “retirement” villa may very well be in Panama, Cyprus, or Russia.

Either way, wise to retire. Any New York banker over the past 20 years who saw this particular client as a good credit risk shouldn’t be trusted to be a clerk at a payday lending outfit.

36 Likes

It’d be hilarious if Rosemary Vrablic has emptied Trump’s accounts, leaving him penniless. :yum:

40 Likes

he can run, but he can’t hide.

13 Likes

Could it be that there is no honour among thieves? Say it isn’t so!

19 Likes

Hopefully the unofficial, but disgustingly common outside the confines of little-people justice, theory that resignation is an act of such magnitude that it wipes the slate clean and there’s no reason to keep digging won’t kick in.

20 Likes

She doesn’t want the arduous task of getting blood from a stone when Trumps loans are due and he doesn’t have the cash to pay them back, nor the protection of being president.

Also, I am assuming him failing to pay back loans would tank her status and bonus structure at the company, so get by the getting is good.

I admit, this is conjecture.

19 Likes

Panama and Cyprus have extradition to the US, but maybe Russia.

9 Likes
12 Likes

More clean up in aisle Russia.

18 Likes

It would be a miracle. She would have discovered a way to steal negative numbers!

21 Likes

Rats. Sinking ship. I don’t think she made it to the lifeboat in time. That ship has sailed, my friend.

7 Likes

“I’ve chosen to resign my position with the bank effective Dec. 31 and am looking forward to my retirement incarceration,”

FTFY

9 Likes

I hear the Seychelles are quite nice for anyone looking to avoid legal consequence. :wink:

6 Likes

Legal consequence, perhaps, but who’s on the other side of that transaction or at least the guarantor?

It reminds me of that Jack Vance Dying Earth story, where someone is escaping and pulls himself inside his own pocket universe, then finds out how Chun The Unavoidable got his name.

Perhaps some country where buildings only have ground floors, and everyone eats with sporks?

14 Likes
9 Likes

so when do these people start having heart attacks and falling out of windows on to knives?

7 Likes