Request for After School Satan Club denied in Pennsylvania, but hell-fearing Christian clubs are okay

The Lord SATAN!

devil satan GIF

10 Likes

46 Likes

“Look at the range of our students the children suffering from mental health issues, suicide, anxiety, depression all these things are off the chart and my heart goes out to these kids,” one resident at the meeting said. “More than ever we need a God in this world and this proposal in the opposite direction.”

Being indoctrinated into Christianity at an early age gave me undue anxiety throughout my youth. The Christian response to suicidal thoughts is, “don’t commit suicide or else you’ll go to hell when you die.” Have mental issues? Don’t seek treatment - prayer will cure you! Are you feeling gay or transgender? That’s a sin. Stop being sinful! #ThanksImCured

20 Likes

Dillsburg is only a few miles away from Dover Pennsylvania. Folks may remember an attempt to get “Intelligent Design” stuffed into the science curriculum in 2005.

It did not end well for the school board.

Brian

11 Likes

Different organization. This is the Satanic Temple, not the Church of Satan.

Very different.

5 Likes

And that goes against the agenda of the FDC:
'Keep 'em stupid & keep ‘em scared’

6 Likes

Man, the Satanic Temple is like the anti-Westoro Baptist Church.

Kudos to them.

12 Likes

Sounds like all the students who aren’t Christian (or at least, not anti-everyone-else Christians) are going to have to join the club in order to have a place to share their beliefs. I mean, since no other religious club is allowed, it must be a club for everyone…right?

11 Likes

Yet you don’t offer a link?

drpaulbearer GIF

10 Likes

16 Likes

That always means the IRS gave them charity status, which doesn’t mean recognized at all.

https://www.erieri.com/Form990Finder/Details/Index?EIN=823404757

Salem, MA.

index

4 Likes

The only way for governments to avoid recognizing some groups as “religious” and not others would be to make no distinction at all between religious and non-religious groups

… which would be fine by me

8 Likes
6 Likes

There is only one.
- Father Lankester Merrin

Is there a typo there? Or is this resident supporting the formation of the Satan club alongside the existing Christian ones?

1 Like

Or to break it down even more:

11 Likes

What, what was that about blue cheese dressing?!

5 Likes

I picture that meeting as looking like the scene in the old Bloom County comic when it is announced at the local Moral Majority or such that the Rolling Stones will be playing a concert at the local elementary school.

1 Like

This apparently
Anton LaVey being the founder of The Church of Satan and the above being a quote from “Saints and Sinners” by Lawrence Wright, a collection of profiles on various religious figures.

5 Likes

Throw Up Stephen Colbert GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes