Residents call police on black firefighter in uniform for doing his job while black

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/25/residents-call-police-on-black.html

6 Likes

36 Likes

Oh, for fuck’s sake, White people…

59 Likes

This goes on to show how racism makes you a dimwit.

28 Likes

Victims of ridiculous racial harassment like this firefighter need to start suing the people who call the police on them; IMO, this nonsense won’t stop until people start having to pay for their prejudice out of pocket.

56 Likes

Moore said he suggested that if the resident were still concerned, he could simply look out onto the street where “a big red fire engine is right there.”

I love how he mentions the RED fire engine in the hopes that red will be seen as a less intimidating color than Black.

18 Likes

“Ah, I see sir, you’re uncomfortable having someone like me perform fire prevention services for someone like you. We’ll mark your house/property down as voluntarily electing to forego said services, and let it burn if there’s a wildfire. Thank you for letting us know that you’d rather burn than let a black man perform his job.”.

77 Likes

I wonder if the guy will be as particular about whom the fire service sends to his premises if said premises are on fire.

11 Likes

FFS white people!

no-answer

22 Likes

Well sure - but anyone could be driving a fire engine around for nefarious purposes. Happens all the time.

44 Likes

The bs rationalization that came to that resident’s mind was probably:

“Well, the OFD id and the uniform could be fakes… a clever conman’s ruse…”

Never mind the official notifications that went out prior to the inspections which he or she likely just ignored…

21 Likes

Someone went to a lot of trouble to steal my valuable weeds.

21 Likes

I would personally love it if fire engines were painted red yellow and green the fire fighters blasted out the song " dont worry be happy " while extinguishing fires.

2 Likes

So yeah I am going to go through the trouble of getting a passable fake ID, uniform, AND FUCKING FIRETRUCK, just to case the neighborhood…

Dear fellow USAins I have always known we were racist as all fuck… but goddamn y’all are really lowering the bar on the stupid lately.

43 Likes

That’s why I say the firefighter in question needs to sue the resident who called the cops; such willful stupidity so immense that it actually eclipses all semblance of reason and logic needs to be monetarily penalized severely.

20 Likes

Well what if it was a fake fire truck, huh?

6 Likes

Moore said he suggested that if the resident were still concerned, he could simply look out onto the street where “a big red fire engine is right there.”

95a5b3e60be103fdd89b9c9f6f148ded

23 Likes

That reminds me of something.

A few years ago Vicki Momberg launched into a racist rant as a black police officer attemtped to help her. Shockingly, the video went viral. For verbal racist abuse a South African court has given Momberg a 3 year sentence, of which she will spend at least two in prison.

21 Likes

I need to take more advantage of my white privilege-- I could rob houses right now, and all I need is a fireman’s uniform. (Actually I probably don’t even need that. . . wonder if I could rob houses in the nude and get away with it. I mean, I’m pretty pale, the more white showing the better.)

9 Likes

Faked. Anyone can send out a notice like that!

[Edited to add /s, because you just never know anymore.]

10 Likes