Residents distrust Boring Company's plan to dump wastewater in a river

Originally published at: Residents distrust Boring Company's plan to dump wastewater in a river | Boing Boing

7 Likes

C’mon, Musk, this should be an easily solvable problem for a super-genuis. Since it is only 142,000 gallons per day maybe you could make your Twitter employees drink it all. Or everyone could take a couple 100 gallons home each night. Try naming it MuskWater and get your sycophants to promote it for you.

12 Likes

I Wonder Emma Stone GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

Like this guy,

Elon Musk moved his startup, The Boring Company, to my neighbor’s 70 acre cow pasture in Bastrop, Texas in May 2021. I’m actually an Elon fan, so I was initially excited about what they would be doing.
However,

Turns out to be a rather long “however!” He goes into even greater detail in this well-edited video:

2 Likes

I mean, it’s a total mystery, it’s not like he has a long history of openly flaunting laws and regulations and… oh wait.

6 Likes

Yeah, even ignoring Musk, the plain fact is you should always mistrust a big corporation’s plans for what it wants to do with waste.

Corporations have a knack for breaking the law, screwing over the public, then maybe getting a fine that is far lower than the profit it made by dumping the waste in the first place. Punishment is just “the cost of business.”

3 Likes

Texans: Everything is bigger in Texas!
Other States: (Privately snicker about the size of Texas’ Colorado River)

4 Likes

If only they had some way to dig a big hole in the ground to put it in!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.