Reversed air dancer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/10/reversed-air-dancer.html

7 Likes

Hold me closer, tiny reversed air dancer…

9 Likes
12 Likes

That is so cool!

5 Likes

Seriously. I wish I could dance as well as reverse airhose man.

6 Likes

Aha! They should be sucking air out of them instead!

4 Likes

Awesome. Makes more sense than most of his songs.

3 Likes

But now I need to see an excellent dancer reversed so now they resemble a dancing tube man.

3 Likes

The real essential reference material…

6 Likes

And Sweet Dee and the “air dancer” backwards (so much better)

4 Likes

While I’m at it, here’s Elaine dancing backwards

Strangely, there’s not much improvement in her dancing when reversed.

2 Likes

OG backwards dancer:

7 Likes

My wife Jennifer and I made our own homage to Kraftwerk - Wolfgang Flür specifically. He was kind enough after our Kraftwerk themed wedding to sit and enjoy some of Düsseldorf’s signature Altbier with us a few years ago - so why not? She sewed a pattern and we experimented with various fans until we decided to bite the bullet and buy a proper bespoke fan. Wolfgang later used a modified version of our video during his live shows, the first being opening for Chemical Brothers. I hadn’t seen reversed slo-mo dancer footage prior, which proves that there’s nothing new under the sun.

6 Likes

Fuck yeah, floppy guys!

2 Likes

I thought the fan that animates the dancer was going to be reversed. That would have sucked.

1 Like

See also the 2004 Adult Swim outro for “too good for this world” anime parody Perfect Hair Forever’s first episode, starring reversed air dancer and complete with wonderfully surreal lounge music.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.