Review: Dasani Sparkling Bread Mold water

Vintage Brand Seltzer
in cans

Recommended Flavors
Raspberry (Doesn’t really taste like raspberry, but it tastes great so do what you will_
Lemon Lime (Actually tastes kinda lemon-lime-ee)
Orange (If they don’t have the above, it’s kinda orange-ee)
Not Plain

1 Like

Dry makes lightly-flavored sodas. Good thing, too, because some of the more unusual flavors would be… challenging in normal-soda-flavor-amounts.

5 Likes

Do you have a pizza anatomical diagram somewhere? Apparently I’ve been eating something else all my life. That or the fast food chicken wing people got to it.

1 Like

Agreed. I gave the Dasani a taste test. I like Dasani plain water. Their version of Sparkling Bread Mold, however, was just a watered down, almost tasteless version of the La Croix.

They’ve got hipster competition now:

www.hackneytap.com

@beschizza! I’m normally a fan of your work(and have to admit that your hatchet-job here is of high quality); but you have besmirched the honor of my entire kingdom in this post.

Fungi work tirelessly to produce fine beverages for mankind, as we have since the earliest days of recorded human history; and you choose to use a review of some lousy fluid that the manufacturer probably didn’t even bother to ferment to besmirch the reputation of the humble bread mold, an honorable organism that reclaims any of our gifts of bread that humans reject.

We give you enough bread to sustain life and enough ethanol to endure it; and this is what you do? Uppity Chordates…

11 Likes

If you grew up with rhubarb pie/crumble, their rhubarb soda is ecstatically fantastic.

That actually sounds delicious. Then again, I make wine for a living and I’m always hunting for Umami moldy delicacies.

1 Like

No, just talking about smell.
Then there was the time I was visiting a relative, and borrowed shampoo from a larger bathroom. That one smelled nice. It was dog shampoo. I recall not being bothered by fleas after that.

3 Likes

If you’re in the northeast US and can find a Wegmans grocery store, they’ve recently started carrying their own brand of flavored sparkling waters. My favorite is the coconut-lime, with the lime-mint coming in for a strong second.

And when I was on the west coast Adirondack had a watermelon-lime flavor that was absolutely perfect.

1 Like

I did, and to this day rhubarb is one of my favourite fruits. I hope the soda is sweet though!

Gee I wonder why these companies feel the need to load everything up with sugar!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.