REVIEW: "Department of Truth," a conspiracy thriller about conspiracy theories that literally change reality

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/review-department-of-truth-a-conspiracy-thriller-about-conspiracy-theories-that-literally-change-reality.html

3 Likes

I’ve been down that wormhole. It is WEIRD. Definitely reality-warping.

My favorite W.K. tune—the payoff at the end is pure bliss.

I really like the art for this comic—I’ll have to check it out.

Of course, no literary discussion of conspiracy theories and reality-warping is complete with mention of Eco’s Foucault’s Pendulum—so good, I can’t recommend it enough!

4 Likes

9 Likes

It’s a re-hash of the OG ‘Paul McCartney is a ringer’ conspiracy tho. Which my mother firmly believes and is writing a book about, so I believe. She was gonna go round interviewing various famous & semi famous boomers about it, but the plague intervened (probably for the best, or Maccas would have perforce had her whacked, presumably :upside_down_face:).

1 Like

I second that recommendation, having come here to say the same thing. In its place I will also recommend his book Numero Zero, which plays with similar themes and is a lighter read.

3 Likes

Paul is dead.

Also, the Beatles reformed as a Canadian prog band in 1973.

The clues are all there, and it makes more sense when you’re really really high.

3 Likes

500 pages of novel about it sounds adequate! (Yipes!) Good luck to that venture (and you know, screenplays.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.