Review: Gorillaz' 'New Gold' fails to break new ground

Originally published at: Review: Gorillaz' 'New Gold' fails to break new ground | Boing Boing

1 Like

I haven’t listened to the album yet but i was concerned to see it release so close to their previous album. I’ve also noticed a significant uptick in Gorillaz merch. They even have a collab with Smirnoff vodka. Not that i have a problem with them making their money, but it certainly seems like the timing might’ve been partially motivated to keep some brand and merch deals moving forward.

Hope it’s worth a listen at least. For the previous album there were quite a few bangers that i ended up really loving.

2 Likes

The music is nice but the videos for this and “Cracker Island” make me think Gorillaz are now in the Screensaver business. Did their animation team go on strike or something?

2 Likes

It’s just a visualizer/lyric vid. They’ve been doing visualizers for their songs for a while now, they usually throw those together if a music video doesn’t exist for the song or it hasn’t come out yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.