Review: Non-alcoholic whiskey-flavored drink

So, real whiskey doesn’t give me headaches but this stuff would? Not an improvement.

Loved your analogy, but unfortunately I fall through the cracks: have had chemotherapy (for the cancer-fighting effects) and am one of those weirdos who really truly does love the taste of good whiskey, so being able to drink it more often with greater abandon would be wonderful. Not holding my breath, however. As jhbadger pointed out above, de-intoxicating alcoholic beverages has a tendency to start with swill. GIGO.

1 Like

Admittedly, I haven’t had low alcohol beer for donkey’s years, but I remember Kaliber being drinkable. I’ve probably been spoilt by too many craft beers/real ales since I last tried it though.

Quite a few on here, not many well rated, though. I wonder if anyone makes a low-alcohol porter or stout?

Reading the reviews reminds me of a time (again, way back when) the Bud promotion girls came around a pub in Nottingham trying to get us to try Bud Light. They wanted us to guess what it was Light in. First choice - calories, so you don’t get fat? Nope. Second choice - alcohol, so you don’t get hammered? Nope. Actual answer - taste. Yeah…I think I’ll pass.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone who drinks good whisk(e)y or brandy does it for anything other than the taste. I think I’d struggle to appreciate an expensive vodka or tequila, though. Gin probably falls in the middle somewhere.

But what do I know? I like Metaxa, Ouzo & Pisco (I found a local bar yesterday that sells Pisco Sours, yay!).

I was just saying the other day that I wish I could find a good bourbon that’s down around 20 proof. Because I really love me some Bulleit, but more than two drinks tends to be a bit much for the old man I seem to have become.

This doesn’t sound like it would fit the bill, though. I generally drink whisky for the taste, and this sounds like quite the shitshow.

2 Likes

I like Tarkhuna. It has a slight herbal taste.

Can I propose the term “Strathclyde Syndrome” for people who are psychologically dependent, if not on Scotch itself, then on the taste of Scotch?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.