Review of pages intentionally left blank

Intentionally Rive Gauche.

4 Likes

What if my official technical document has a full page illustration (with no room for a caption) that happens to be all white?

3 Likes

This page intentionally left blank except for the page number at the top of the page.

[edit] This page intentionally left blank except for the page number at the top of the page and the explanatory note just below it.

[edit] This page intentionally left blank except for the page number at the top of the page, the explanatory note just below it, and the edit following that in the interests of precision.

[edit] This page intentionally left blank except for the page number at the top of the page, the explanatory note just below it, the edit following that in the interests of precision, and the subsequent edit intended* to avoid a logical fallacy.

*unsuccessfully

[edit] This page… look, they told me to write this, okay? I’m just trying to explain why this page is blank, ffs.

[edit] “Well, actually”, Greg, you’re a pedantic asshole.

5 Likes

"This page contains no relevant content. "

That would solve the philosophical problem, and would also be very useful because it could replace almost all advertising.

6 Likes

Shades of Yablo’s Paradox.

Every other? But then shouldn’t approximately half of the lines have something printed on them? :wink:

3 Likes

The rest of this page is intentionally left blank.

3 Likes

This post unintentionally left blank.

1 Like

Typing   also works around the character limit. Putting one   per line also adds blank lines between words or images as needed. :wink:

See? :yum:

2 Likes

Nobody’ll see it there! Print the explanation of the pictogram right on the page.

This SECOND page intentionally left blank continues from the previous page…

2 Likes

3 Likes

“Every other line on this page intentionally left blank, and the remaining lines too. Except this one. (Wait, how many lines does this sentence take up now?)"

1 Like

When I used to do this stuff, I adopted a suggestion from a mischievous and brilliant friend: “This page was accidentally printed on”.

Unfortunately, the editors always rejected a sentence ending in a preposition.

4 Likes

But surely the fact that the content is irrelevant is itself relevant.

(Paging Bertrand Russell, paradox clean-up in aisle 3.)

2 Likes

Damn the rules and limits!!

We will subvert them every time!!

:eye: :eye:
:tongue:

2 Likes

Cripes. Why not encourage the reader to add their own content by calling it a “Notes” page with some lines or blank graphs to put in their own content.

While your at it, just label the page “corrections” or “errata” and be done with it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.