Reviled Bush associate to step down after 20-year reign of terror

Originally published at: Reviled Bush associate to step down after 20-year reign of terror | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Ok, reviled? Hyperbolic much?

11 Likes

Just because someone is “a minority” or belongs to a disenfranchised group doesn’t mean that they can’t be an asshole.

35 Likes

Hmmm, You know, you have a point there.

16 Likes

“Oh no!”, the GOP will cry, “another wealthy, white, blonde woman is being canceled because she sees eye to eye with George W Bush”!

No? Huh. Weird.

7 Likes

The clickbait ads saw this coming.

ellen-clickbait

3 Likes

As my dad likes to say, “You have a point there, but if you comb your hair right, you can probably hide it” :smiley:

19 Likes

Her friendship with Bush never bothered me. I don’t care that Michelle Obama is friends with Bush either. Who cares? Ellen’s treatment of staff sounds pretty awful though.

21 Likes

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

17 Likes

From someone else, I would have taken it as a joke… With Rob? I’m not sure he’s joking.

But if it was a joke and I’m just taking it more seriously than intended, my bad.

2 Likes

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

The same @beschizza that regularly replaces eyes with mouths? That rob?

12 Likes

I think you mean the same Rob that is brave enough to run those photos unedited.

9 Likes

finding nemo water GIF

7 Likes

I guess that taking your ball and going home is one way to deal with her issue. The other, you know, to be nice and respectful to her staff, that was apparently a bridge too far.

7 Likes

THIS

8 Likes

Lol - just noticed the Abu Ghraib shoop. Rob, you rascal.

1 Like

That’s one interpretation, but I’m not seeing any indication she’s chosen to end the show when her contract expires because of that controversy. She was bound to end it sooner or later and 19 seasons is a long damn run.

6 Likes

The insanity of this moment is that W is a big Trump critic. Seeing eye to eye with W in itself would be a sign of disrespect to the current GOP.

6 Likes

Well, the other woman I was referencing is Liz Cheney, so…

3 Likes

Most definitely “revealed”, though.

3 Likes