Rich and dumb? Here's something for you

Yeah? Well mine’s in a Klein bottle. Nyah, nyah.

2 Likes

From the headline, I thought this was going to be about the Estate Tax.

1 Like

I kinda like the coffee can. Imagine the shock of your relatives when, after the will reading, they find out they tossed out several sterling silver coffee cans while cleaning out your house. Totally worth it.

6 Likes

Needlessly ostentatious and utterly impractical products like this will be remembered if it ever comes down to literal class warfare, instead of the just the garden variety version of it that we endure now.

3 Likes

I legitimately want to buy this.
Ask me anything.

And Klein is a designer. He designed my undershorts.

The true cost is closer to $2000

5 Likes

If God exists, what is His favorite curse word?

2 Likes

So…your knickers are in a twist?

7 Likes

Probably “Pox”

1 Like

Eh, I was just kidding. Except I’d sell them to you all here on the message boards if you wanted them. :wink:

I’ll keep the Alsa chrome paint in mind for real projects – good to know. For my cans, if I were to do them (which I’m not) I’d be aiming for maximum flaking and a globby line of blue.

I think at this rate, BoingBoing is just going to be differently-worded posts about this stupid can over and over by the beginning of 2018.

4 Likes

Wait, so this is NOT a Boing Boing Store post?

5 Likes

That is completely amazing. So amazing – and I can see so many immediate uses for it around here – that I went to the Alsa site to buy some.

Umm…$3000 for a gallon can?? Are they affiliated with Tiffany? Talk to me, Harry Winston!

1 Like

Use the $9,000 ball of yarn, $11,000. (Exclusive private analog two-way communication device.)

3 Likes

Fuck it. I like this can. I would never buy one for myself but I think it looks quite nice. There’s something to be said about appreciating the form of ordinary things.

3 Likes

Doh - sorry. I just saw the video recently. No idea it cost so much.

You know, I actually have a source for unicorn hair. I should get on that.

Well, to be fair the stuff seems to have genuine one-coat coverage, so a gallon could go a long way. For example, you could probably paint a small car with it and get back at all the bozos who drive everywhere with their high beams on…

You can hear a platinum pin drop!