Rick Astley releases sad piano version of own legendary hit, Never Gonna Give You Up

I loathed that song when it came out, but it’s kind of wormed its way into my heart. And this video definitely made me smile.

1 Like

WOW! I don’t think I have have ever (post 80’s) heard anyone talk about Aztec Camera. Smart vivid lyrics. Kind of a Style council vibe musically that didn’t bother chasing the daily trends.

The Jump cover was my least favorite thing he ever did.

Some other videos for those that missed out on AC:

Your post just made my day. I will be revisiting AC for the rest of the day…

My thought as well.

5 Likes

I love almost anything choir, choir, choir does… It’s just such a simple, fun, and human idea…

4 Likes

Wow, a legit Rick Roll that everyone should have seen coming from a mile away, and yet…

@beschizza

11 Likes

Based on what? Rob’s the Loki of literature; the Prometheus of Photoshop; the Gwydion of Gifs.

9 Likes

Wait, Did I just get Rick Rolled … slowly?

8 Likes

Yes. @beschizza is a Zen master of the Rickroll

9 Likes

I will certainly be wary next time, fo’ sho’ :smirk:

3 Likes

If you liked that, check out John Parr’s low key version of St. Elmo’s Fire:

I am exactly old enough to find acoustic re-makes of 80’s power ballads tear-inducingly beautiful.

That’s what we all said last time. :rofl::joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

You know, I kinda wanted to hear Slayer’s version of the song… (Doh! Bart!)

4 Likes

Me as well. I clicked without hesitation.

6 Likes

So much wonderful in this thread! My music thread for the afternoon is going nicely.
I saw Aztec Camera back in the mid 80s in NYC: fantastic! Also liked The The, Big Country and Crowded House from that same era…

2 Likes

Yeah, we should have all seen that coming.

2 Likes

So what is it called if you knowingly click on a link to Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” only to hear Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up”? A Rick Rock?

I wonder if the Foo Fighters’ multiple live RickRolls helped restart his career?

3 Likes

That would have been amazing. I’m jealous in the happy for you way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You got me, I can’t NOT click on a link for a slayer cover.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, getting rickrolled or not, it’s fucking brilliant.

That is all.

5 Likes

Love them! Also saw them live. Yeah I’m old.

1 Like

That, dear mutant, was your first mistake…

7 Likes