Riunite advertising was something out of another universe

We mix cheapo box wine with lemon or lime fizzy water over ice and drink it by the gallon on hot days. Red only; we’re not savages.

5 Likes

Thank you for your support as a kid.

2 Likes

I did not expect to recognize these commercials but the slogan came rushing back to me immediately!

3 Likes

Albo!!!

2 Likes

“It’s NOT champagne! Are you even listening? Just drink it.”

3 Likes

Take one tall glass filled with ice. Add one jigger Aperol, then fill glass with Riunite. Relax in the sun and give it a try.

(However, the same recipe works a little better with Fresca instead of Riunite.)

2 Likes

It’s nice!

2 Likes

¡Asti Spumante!

1 Like

“English Wine” is made from fresh grapes grown in England and produced in UK wineries.

“British Wine” is the product of imported grapes or grape concentrate that is made into wine in Britain and usually sold at a low price. “British” wines are not wines as defined by the EU.

This one is advertising British wine:

1 Like

5 Likes

What’s kinda frustrating is that “Asti Spumante” implies that it’s from Asti; hands-down the best wine region in Italy (Piemonte), while Riunite is from Emilia-Romagna.

2 Likes

The budget wine for criminals!

2 Likes

Ruinite sounds like it is Kryptonite for a good time.

2 Likes

Well my understanding is that the FCC prohibits showing people drinking alcohol in commercials.

If you look closely at the labels on box wines in the US, you will often find that they are “wine and natural flavors” because they aren’t legally able to call themselves “wine.”

No, sorry, it’s the ice that’s missing. There is no ice!

As a forty something, I’m struck at how the 1979 commercial feels like it’s from 1952 and the '84 from '70.

For those of us who were teens in the 1980s, I present Grace Jones endorsing Sun Country wine coolers…

3 Likes

Good point. Maybe this was all marketing aimed at teens (who a few years later would be the only real market, legal or not, for wine coolers).

Thunderbird! Tastes the same in both directions! Aaaah, the memories…

I still hear the Martini and Rossi song in my head whenever the word martini is spoken. That’s effective earworming.

2 Likes