Road rager drops phone, tries to punish other driver for it

Road rage videos make me so anxious. I can’t wait for the robo car revolution-- everyone will be able to sit back and read or watch tv, with no more jockeying for position or rage. Fewer accidents, so much more productive time.

4 Likes

In the U.S., I fear computer driven cars will only free people up to aim their gun better.

4 Likes

Which is exactly why we need legalized weed. If the car is driving, blow a bowl and don’t care when you get there. It’s all good.

6 Likes

I can’t figure out why most people want cars. Very few people look happy when they are driving. People on the road default to forming adversarial relationships with strangers and seem to want to beat or thwart other drivers as much as they want to get where they are going.

I don’t see anything worth getting mad about in this video. Traffic is moving along and everyone has plenty of space. These guys might actually like each other under different circumstances but they became bitter enemies on the road for no apparent reason.

My favorite silly road rage incident was when I paused after a light turned green to give a bicyclist a chance to go around a truck that was parked in the bicycle lane. The guy behind me laid on his horn, then passed me, got in front of me, braked hard, and drove 15 mph until he turned. He was so furious at a trivial delay caused by being considerate to a bicyclist yet found all this time to mess with me. It’s not about time. It’s some weird power dynamic.

2 Likes

People can be really hostile and dismissive when there is a layer of anonymity involved. Ever seen it anywhere other than the highway?

3 Likes

I think I see what you did there…

(On a sidenote: I still have to learn how to quote properly on this here forum)

1 Like

Anybody recognize what country that took place in?

Oh dear.

Highlight and right click or highlight and select “reply”. Glad to help.

I don’t know if “most people want cars.” Many people have a need to get to places and public transport, especially in the US, sucks in most places.

2 Likes

Doubly so if you don’t live directly in an urban center. The suburbia of the USofA is based around having a car for just about any trip outside the home.

2 Likes

I just live where I can walk most places where I want to go and work, where I need to go, is a 10 minute bicycle ride away, or a $6 cab ride if it’s raining and I choose to not to get wet. When I pick people up in far flung parts of the city or in the condos-on-farmland in the country I must stifle the urge to say “Why on Earth would anyone live here?” Unless you live in a community where you have real ties and there are no suitable jobs nearby living far from where you need to go seems to be an unfortunate choice. I’m grateful to live where I never have to use a car except when I get paid to in my job as a taxi driver.

Thats nice, and when you and your spouse work 20 miles away in different directions? Your employer moves your work site?
I live somewhere that is quite walkable for everything but work, and if I chose to live where I could walk to work then I would be stuck driving for everything else. I do miss telecommuting even though I would get a bit stir crazy.

1 Like

And when you lose that job and your job is on the other side of town or the next county? Do you move? I own my house so that is less of an option.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.