Rob Ford: "Yes, I have smoked crack"

I think most people consider there to be substantial difference between things you did during your wild and crazy youth, and things you did last week.

There is also the question of putting your own thugs on the government payroll and having them try to acquire (and presumably conceal or destroy) the evidence by force. Even in America that’s considered a bit, how you say, screamingly corrupt?

8 Likes

Yes I smoked crack. But I only did it because I love this city so. damn. much. People were telling me that the B.C. rock was finer than Toronto rock and I just had to find out for myself. Well they were wrong. I even compared our rock with Oshawa rock and Mississagua rock and ours was still better. It’s better than the rock from Brampton or Hamilton or even from Windsor. The rock from Guelph was pretty good and I had to test alot of it, but ours was still better. The rock in Kingston was surprisingly good…

9 Likes

Grover Cleveland, but only the second time in office.

Rutherford Hayes was well known to use Molly and I’m quite sure we are all aware of Silent Cal’s habits regarding speedballs.

5 Likes

Rob “Rock Daddy” Ford is on Rule Number 2: Never let them know your next move.

2 Likes

It worked for Marion Barry!

1 Like

“I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.”

~MItch Hedberg

7 Likes

Where Ford is concerned I’d be careful with those “as long as he’s not…” statements.

• Well, as long as he isn’t doing anything illegal…
  • Well, as long as he’s been forthright about his indiscretions…
  • Well, as long as he isn’t getting drunk or high in public…
  • Well, as long as he hasn’t been getting drunk or high behind the wheel of a car…
  • Well, as long as his drug habits haven’t led him to abuse the power of his office…

And so forth.

10 Likes

In other news, the sun rose in the east this morning, and will set in the west…

Here in Canada all you have to do is apologise and say you are seeking treatment. That worked for the premier of BC when he got busted driving completely plastered when on holiday in Hawaii - he even got re-elected again a couple years later on ‘fiscal responsibility’ despite running huge deficits… Compare that to the preceding leftie premier who got run out of town on the perception of wrongdoing (of which he was exonerated) after having balanced the budget repeatedly.

I should qualify. You have to do those things if you are a right wing politician. Left wing (NDP and sometimes Liberal) politicians receive no quarter and are consumed by the howling masses if they so much as fart at the dinner table.

So the ruling Conservative party can be accused and even convicted of election fraud and suffer no consequences of meaning. They can have massive fraud and criminality, but they are the party of ‘responsibility’ so actually being responsible is not required. The other parties and politicians can expect constant hostile scrutiny, and any slight possibility of wrongdoing will result in the echo chamber going completely nuts.

I despair for our democracy. This doofus is just a symptom of a much larger problem.
Ford will survive this and may be even get re-elected, to the sound of facepalms across the country. One of the best opposition MPs of the last 40 years had a breakdown and committed petty theft, it destroyed his career and and it is still all anyone will talk about 10 years later (nevermind his 25 years of excellence).

2 Likes

I do, at least sometimes, not use drugs.

Personally I can think of half a dozen occasions, this week alone, on which I have not used drugs.

4 Likes

Not just A drunken stupor, ONE OF (his) drunken stupors.

I have no idea if that’s better or worse.

3 Likes

The “Move On” I have in mind is more of a resignation than a course correction.
BTW, Shout Out to the Rob Ford Incident File

1 Like

I guess the question for Canada is does it want to follow Italy along the Berlusconi route or get a clean break?

Why do you think Bush hopped in a plane for hours after 9/11 and the Katrina response took so long. Crack explains a lot, really.

“I use to do drugs. I still do. But I also used to.”
– Mitch Hedberg

2 Likes

No joke: Abraham Lincoln had a jones for something called “blue mass.”

Personally, I’d have a worse day after the drunken stupor that washing up a gram of decent coke these days. Can’t do hangovers anymore…

I don’t always use drugs, but when I do, I say I never do, but I do anyway.

3 Likes

Nancy R would like you to just say no.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.