Rob Ford: "Yes, I have smoked crack"

[Permalink]

ā€œI do not use drugs.ā€

You keep using this phrase. I do not think it means what you think it means.

20 Likes

He should join Charles Kennedy in obscurity.

1 Like

When is the next election in Toronto anyway? Having voted today to kick the Cooch out of Virginia Iā€™m wondering how long Torontoans have to wait to do the same to Ford?

2 Likes

The next mayoral election is October 27, 2014, but I hope thereā€™s a process to make it happen much sooner!

2 Likes

He says that he smoked crack, but how can we trust him? How do we know it wasnā€™t meth, weed, or worseā€“tobacco? This sounds like typical politics. Heā€™s just using this move to try to win votes from crack smoking citizens.

11 Likes

All I can do is apologize and move on

Actually, thereā€™s another option open to you: resign. What youā€™re really saying is that what you CHOOSE to do is ā€œapologizeā€ and assume everyone will be ok with it.

10 Likes

Canā€™t he just go to rehab and be absolved of all of his sins? Does that not work in Canada?

1 Like

After all the scandals heā€™s been involved in heā€™s a downright EXPERT in apologizing and moving on now. Unfortunately ā€œmoving onā€ in his case usually means ā€œmoving on to an even worse scandal.ā€

3 Likes

"I do not use drugs except when I do (use drugs).

4 Likes

Should be interesting to see how his ā€˜ratingsā€™ are after this admission - he still fully expects to stay in. I have a pet theory that Mr. Fnord represents a mutation within politics, one a long time coming, and originally ushered in by Ronald Regan; that highly visible elected postions have essentially become The Truman Show - the accurssed reality T.V. show phenomenon virally colonizing in reverse - such that the point is not how meritorious or competant the individual is, but rather, how entertaining they are to a largely disenfranchised electorate.

2 Likes

In Canada he probably wouldnā€™t have to get born again, either.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve smoked crack. Yes, I drink until Iā€™m in such a stupor that Iā€™ll do anything with anyone or let them do anything to me. Yes, Iā€™ve done other drugs, although frankly Iā€™m not sure if I was so drunk that I got high or so high I got drunk, it really does blur together after a while. Yes, Iā€™ve blown goats. (Better that than the other way around, trust me on this.) Yes, my family has been involved in drug dealing for ages. Yes, I regularly break the law in numerous petty and not-so-petty ways. Yes, Iā€™m a huge embarrassment to the city. Yes, Iā€™m a will-never-grow-up spoiled rich boy. Yes, I donā€™t really care because my poll numbers are great. Yes, I have no intention of stopping what I do because, fuck it, why should I stop myself when no one else will?

13 Likes

That would look to be very good news for his mother, eh?

2 Likes

Did he inhale?

1 Like

How does it work in Canada with resigning from politics? Does he have to be appointed to an office of profit under the Crown?

1 Like

I donā€™t get how being in a ā€œdrunken stuporā€ is supposed to be better than doing (illegal) drugs.

5 Likes

Rehab? I think heā€™s been listening to a little too much Amy Winehouse on that front.

2 Likes

As long as heā€™s not a junkie, I donā€™t see how it matters that he smoked crack. American Presidents get to do it, why not Rob Ford?

This video is a distraction - there are plenty of reasons to dislike Rob Ford, but everyone is hooking onto this video because itā€™s just so juicy.

1 Like

Was it Taft that smoked crack? I always forget.

12 Likes