Robert Plant and Alison Krauss team up for Tiny Desk concert

Originally published at: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss team up for Tiny Desk concert | Boing Boing

Man, how does Allison Krauss still look so young? She’s almost as old as I am. Actually, Robert looks pretty darn good, too, for being 75.

The first tune was absolutely lit, loved it. The work so well together, which always astounds me giving how different their careers have been.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but it seems she’s got full on pro-level makeup job going. But she also has a very good base to start from, and that never hurts.

Be sure to check out the third song in that vid where she’s got lead vocals. Her voice sounds as good as, if not better than, ever!

3 Likes

I never cared for Zeplin because of Robert Plants voice. Had he sung like this I may have bought an album or two.

How does Alison Krauss look so young? Um, she is young.

1 Like

Indeed, all three songs were fantastic. She’s still amazing, and I still can’t get over how well they sing together. Such a strange, very cool pairing.

She’s 51. Which, according to my children, is farting old. Slightly younger than me, slightly older than my wife. But hey, maybe 50 something is the new 30 something? My joints tell me differently these days, but I can dig it.

Considering Carol King still sits at the piano and belts them out at 79, Stevie Nicks at 73, and Deborah Harry at 76, I’d say Alison is just getting started.

But like you, at 57, I’m not feelin’ it.

Have you seen Chrissy Hynde lately? Oh my god, the woman is still amazing. I caught this last year during lock down. A fantastic version. So good live.

Funny you should ask. AXS TV just showed Tomorrow Is A Long Time: Chrissie Hynde Sings Bob Dylan.

And I forgot Lita Ford.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that! Such a great song and I loved the arrangement.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.