Robocop creator Ed Neumeier plans new sequel to original, ignoring the others and the reboot

I accidentally bought the recent CGI remake because the DVD was just marked “Robocop” in one of those cd-wallets at the thrift store.

Man was I disgusted. I only paid a dollar, but still, “I wouldn’t buy that for a dollar!”

7 Likes

There are so many targets in the modern world that I doubt even Robocop will be able to target them all.

1 Like

He also wrote Robocop 2 (and was unhappy with what ended up on screen)

5 Likes

ten3or

2 Likes

13 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s a requirement to always refer to him as “talented fuck-face Frank Miller.”

5 Likes

I want to believe, I really do.
Except, I’ve seen Starship Troopers 2.
I predict: unwatchable disaster. Get the word out.

5 Likes

Remember how scathing it was that Mary Hart played a news anchor for chrissake…we are SO far beyond that… sigh. :frowning:

3 Likes

The Furniture of Law Enforcement!

5 Likes

Bring back the SUX 6000. Reclining leather seats, goes really fast, and gets really shitty gas mileage!

3 Likes

I thought the remake definitely depicted the body horror aspect of the story in a profound way in that scene with the mirror.

Also, I like to point out that Blomkamp’s “Chappie” is like Robocop in reverse: a robotic cop becoming human(-ish) vs. a human becoming a robot cop. Makes a fun double-feature.

6 Likes

Rumor has it Quentin Tarantino wants to start doing science fiction …

6 Likes

'Family" comedy?

2 Likes

Yeah, made me snort my tea. (05:30 over here, just having breakfast.)
The Hobbit strikes again.

I hope this happens, but I fear it will turn out as something like Blues Brothers 2000, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

But will it feature fried chicken?

https://youtu.be/7pOoSe2K5DU

5 Likes

Well, you know how it is - you put something specific in a search engine and find something totally unexpected:

http://ourrobocopremake.com

1 Like

I’m not going to watch it unless I learn that this robocop is also going to shoot some guy in the dick. That’s almost the only thing I remember from the movie. That and the cool gatling gun robot.

4 Likes

as long as they throw in a Blaupunkt I am ok with that.

1 Like

Original or remake. Always the important question.

2 Likes