Robot Dreams will probably break your heart

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/24/robot-dreams-will-probably-break-your-heart.html

1 Like

Are electric sheep involved?

14 Likes

I saw this movie last month in a local movie theater. Beautiful movie.

7 Likes

I had someone randomly tell me the other day “The 80’s were great, and the 90’s weren’t too bad, but then everything went to shit.”

6 Likes

day ride GIF

5 Likes

Of course it’s set in the 80s - I think my husband is using that same Grumman LLV on his postal route. Not sure how it got cross-country though.

2 Likes

The 80’s were great, and the 90’s weren’t too bad

The 80s had Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. The 90s had Section 28 and Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.

The movie Billy Elliot is a fairly accurate depiction of my childhood in the 80s and 90s. There was no local pit to go on strike but everything else is about right.

4 Likes

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

We shouldn’t let our nostalgia for the past blind us to the reality of that past. it’s mixed… it’s always mixed. We can certainly point to positives, but we should not ignore the negatives. That’s why we need history and historians, because we need people to tell us the more complicated stories of the world as it was.

3 Likes

Also because this iteration of the US Postal Service logo was retired in 1993.

2 Likes

But it must not take place any earlier than 1987, when the Grumman LLV mail trucks were introduced. With enough clues surely we’ll be able to accurately pinpoint the historical time period that this film about anthropomorphic animals takes place.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.