Roger Ailes' son threatens accusers: “I’m coming after them and hell is coming with me.”

“Run, you cur! Tell all the other curs the law’s coming!”

3 Likes

At his age, I had already been taught appropriate vs. inappropriate behavior. Those unwritten rules weren’t relaxed in public or at a funeral - it was just the opposite. I’ve got cousins who were teenagers at the funerals of siblings and parents (ones who didn’t just drop dead, they were killed), and they all displayed more restraint that this.

He’s really making it look like the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

16 Likes

He’s entitled. I am sure the loss of his father regardless of how we see Roger Ailes, is causing him distraught and discomfort. In moments of sadness people are known to lash out.

The difference is that with well adjusted persons the comments would not be as sociopathic as this son’s have been.

6 Likes

Somehow, I don’t think this kid has been taught a whole lot of life lessons.

Yeah… I’d think someone would have told him to not say that, and would have gone over things to say and not to say beforehand. Given the circumstances, maybe even asked for a draft ahead of time.

I can just imagine 7 years later when he’s out of college:

“No I don’t know who you are. … You’re whose son? Who’s that? … You realize that’s not a good thing, right?”

6 Likes

How does he define “betrayed”? Is he coming after Rupert Murdoch? Good luck, kiddo.

4 Likes

Probably not, for the same reason why protestors throw red paint on old ladies in fur coats and not on biker gangs.

13 Likes

I’m not saying they didn’t get upset or lash out. They just didn’t do it in public, at the funeral. If it seemed like they couldn’t keep it together, they weren’t asked to speak at the services. They shared their anger in private, with family and/or the police.

4 Likes

This is why I rarely see close family members delivering the eulogy. They’ll write something and ask a good friend to do it, because it can be too emotional a time to even read what you wrote in advance.

6 Likes

I’m pondering now whether hell is entirely made of pre-pubescent doughboys with braces. Is there extra hell coming, like say bad acne, or Becky who talks too much?

4 Likes

I think we’re witnessing the larval stage of a supervillain.

13 Likes

Like father like son, of course. But - aren’t they a little old for you kid?

1 Like

This child is processing major trauma and he said something regrettable. No teenager I’ve met (and I’ve met plenty) has the skills to deal with this kind of sudden loss. I’m sure he’ll be in therapy with someone to help him process. Children who’ve been victims of trauma deserve our sympathy and support - this boy has done nothing wrong.

General response: no matter how much we disliked someone in life, is diminishes all of us to revel in their death. That way lies jeering crowds at the gallows.

11 Likes

Or the final form of a basement-dwelling mouthbreather. Hard to tell.

1 Like

I guess the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.

1 Like

This “child” is 17 years old. He’s one year away from being able to kill and die for his country, assuming the child of Roger Ailes would ever do such a thing.

We think he’s a child because he’s a very coddled 17 and maybe passes for 12 at the oldest, but think back to what you were doing when you were 17. Speaking for myself, I wasn’t mature at all, but I couldn’t be considered a child either.

Calling him a child only serves to coddle him further.

10 Likes

I never would have guessed that the little weeble was 17. What have they been feeding him, estrogen and fritos?

5 Likes

Why would you let Roger Ailes set your standards of behavior and compassion? Odd choice, imo.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if he’s trying to intimidate the victims who might be able to claim compensation from his father’s estate.

11 Likes

This scum of the earth is threatening sexual harassment victims, and you think he deserves any respect?

11 Likes

I suspend judgment.