Roger Ailes' son threatens accusers: “I’m coming after them and hell is coming with me.”

“I’m coming after them and hell is coming with me.” And Grievous Bodily Harm, Cruelty to Animals, Things Not Working Properly Even After You’ve Given Them A Good Thumping But Secretly No Alcohol Lager, and Really Cool People traveled with them.

9 Likes

So a sad, teenage kid defends his dead dad? I’m okay with this regardless of the facts.

1 Like

The kid’s behavior is disgusting and at 17 he should have known better.

1 Like

I agree that this was traumatic for him, and time will tell if he gets help. It doesn’t seem very supportive or helpful to put him in the position of delivering the eulogy. Now he’s done something that will follow him the rest of his life.

In general, we try not to speak ill of the dead. OTOH, in cases where the deceased is of questionable character, I’ve seen people celebrate and express relief/a sense of release (from oppression, from the presence of a perceived evil, or from suppressing their true feelings while the person was alive). They should have the right to process the impact of the death in their own way.

Does this diminish them? I don’t know. Maybe we’ve had too many fictional examples of jeering - first the Munchkins, then films about the French Revolution, and now GoT.

3 Likes

I had never seen that until recently. What a relief! A religious leader who knew the family well did all the speaking, having spent time with everyone in the days beforehand verifying what stories and info should or should not be included. I hope it catches on. It was so much better for the grieving family and close friends.

6 Likes

That just makes me want to mock him more.

4 Likes

I don’t think that it’s speaking ill of the dead that is problematic but celebrating the event of someone’s death. The difference is between “He was a horrible person” and “Yay he died!” We can acknowledge that he was a bad guy while still regretting his suffering and having compassion for his family.

Edit: I feel like a concern troll now, so here’s a fun Disney video to lighten the mood:

3 Likes

Not to defend him (or Ailes Sr) or anything but he’s a kid whose dad just died. Cut him a little slack.

That apple definitely didn’t fall far from the tree.

5 Likes

Then I love Roger Ailes too, because I want him to fail.

1 Like

So who’s his huckleberry?

1 Like

Maybe he meant Sam Hell. No-one tell him that Roddy Piper is dead.

5 Likes

Yes, you are correct, he should have known better. Too bad his father was a sexual predator and unable to set a decent example of how to behave

6 Likes

Yeah, I just look at that smiling face and I get chills. Glad I’m not on his enemies list, who knows what horrors I would endure.

1 Like

That was almost as tasteful as O’Rielly’s eulogy for Ailes in USA Today last week

5 Likes

Gee, ‘hatred’ must be some seriously slow acting poison; it only took 77 years to take effect.

9 Likes

I understand that the quality of the sperm declines after about age 40.

5 Likes

What kind of relationship do you think they had? Imagine that you’re a teenage kid, and your famous father is about a hundred years old, and a he also happens to be a heartless bastard with no moral compass. Think back to your own teen years. This is all speculation, but I think that there’s an awfully good chance that their relationship was complicated. Maybe he was going through a rebellious stage.

And then, suddenly, the relationship is over. Everything that is unresolved will be unresolved forever. Personally, I know that whenever a loved one dies, there’s always something to feel guilty about.

Maybe you Google your famous father’s name, hoping to find some comfort in the acclaim of the world, but you discover that the majority of obituaries could have been titled “Roger Ailes Dead; Fuck Him”. Rolling Stone calls him, “one of the worst Americans ever”, and ends the obit with “Enjoy the next world, monster.” I’ll bet that one rose to the top in a Google search.

I didn’t lose a parent until I was much much older, but I imagine that when you’re a teenaged boy, it feels like time to be a man. Now imagine that the person who taught you how to be a man was Roger Ailes. Maybe he feels that it falls to him to redeem his father’s reputation.

Does he seem to be in denial? Well, DENIAL is supposed to be the first stage of grief. When my mom passed two years ago, it manifested differently, But I wasn’t able to face the reality of it right away. And I was a whole lot older. And the reality that I faced wasn’t as terrible as what this kid has to face. Because his dear departed Dad really was a lying piece of shit. I mean Rogers AIles, he really was the worst!

For all I know, Zachery may be some little snot-nosed alt right gamergate bitch. He may destined to go into his father’s profession. I’m not saying that he’s a good kid. I’m not saying that he doesn’t need a mental health professional.

I’m saying that his extreme grief is real and understandable. I’m saying that statements made at the graveside should be attributed to grief and forgiven. There will be times to criticize and judge

Zachery, I hope that somehow, you manage to learn that counting how many people hate you is a terrible measure of success. One way to honor you father’s memory is to be a better man. Good luck navigating this world, Monster’s son. Really, I mean it.

7 Likes

At his age, I had already been taught appropriate vs. inappropriate behavior. Those unwritten rules weren’t relaxed in public or at a funeral - it was just the opposite.

I’m guessing that you’re not Italian-American. The unwritten rules for funerals aren’t the same everywhere.

1 Like