Roger Ailes' son threatens accusers: “I’m coming after them and hell is coming with me.”

and so should Zachary Ailes.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought Roger Ailes’ kid was Italian either, but there we are.

1 Like

I suspect that this teenage kids is at little risk; but “threatening dire reprisals against those who testified against The Family” is something that isn’t exactly taken lightly when people the DA would consider gunning for do it.

Young Zach here is likely eligible for the “boys will be boys” interpretation; but that’s a matter of class, not of innocence.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with being emotional at the funeral of a close relative.

Funerals are supposed to be cathartic. They play an important part in processing grieve. I can’t see how a stranger speaking, no matter how many hours they spent with the relatives, is a particularly good thing–except if the relatives really don’t want to.

1 Like

Wow. Bill O’Reilly has concluded that ‘hatred’ may have negative effects, including health effects, on the target. Didn’t think I’d see that one. Do you think his conclusion will be applied more generally to members of generally hated groups, or is it only applicable to his buddies and that dreadful “liberal hate”?

6 Likes

“Roger Ailes endured promoted hatred and it killed him.”

FTFY

5 Likes

My Dad was not perfect.

I cried when he passed, I even punched an inanimate object upon learning of his passing.

I was 39 at the time and not a media mogul offspring. But at 17, I knew silence at times of respect for the passing of a relative.

Oh how times have changed.

2 Likes

Exactly. My first thought.
Kid was so determined to use a “cool” quotation from a pretty mediocre movie, that what he said doesn’t make sense.
You don’t “betray” someone who wronged you by complaining/fighting back. You betray your friends, family, country…
Fox editorial standards, eh?

1 Like

As others have pointed out, this is a bereaved teenage son. We know his dad was a monster, and we have known this, but this kid just lost a parent so let’s not be a dick about that.

With that said, I have no question at all that this kid has been groomed and brainwashed by his father and his various associates to be an evil misogynist bastard who is more than comfortable ruining the world to advance his own fortunes.

So we should have empathy for him, but we should also be wary of him. He may be a bereaved teenager now, but soon he’ll be a bereaved adult with a lot of money and a lot of connections, and I won’t be at all surprised if he uses his fortune and influences to further his father’s agenda until the day he dies as well. All monsters were children once.

4 Likes

Was he wearing that cute little bowtie at the funeral?

1. This isn’t about not being emotional at a funeral, it’s about being able to be as emotional as you want, rather than having to stand up at a lectern in front of everyone and try to speak at a time when you’re all choked up and not thinking clearly;

2. I thought I made it clear that it wasn’t a stranger speaking.

2 Likes

…And that’s the origin story of Batman’s new arch super villain, The Fox!

(coming in 2024 to a theater near you!)

2 Likes
6 Likes

So Ailes sets your standard for what is/isn’t appropriate? I have faith that you can do better.

Ah, someone else who’s read Good Omens

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.