Teen who told the FBI on his father for breaking into Capitol is now in hiding

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/26/teen-who-told-the-fbi-on-his-father-for-breaking-into-capitol-is-now-in-hiding.html

9 Likes

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

tumblr_de365ce10bb4680769fe33e8eb7f3144_4a56532a_500

32 Likes

How about violent seditionists?

53 Likes

Anyone who would threaten to shoot their own kid over doing the right thing is a shitty parent.

102 Likes

he is now in hiding and has cut ties with his family, who he said is upset with him for calling the FBI tip line weeks before the Capitol siege to alert them about his father.

What he did took some extraordinary courage. I hope he can find a better family.

76 Likes

Ah, yes, so much great family values… such an amazing pater familias*… /s
Betcha Insurrection Dad is a bible-thumper too.

(* apologies in advance if I messed up the Latin)

21 Likes

poor kid. Bad to be put in that position. maybe his dad will forgive him when he gets out of Leavenworth, or maybe the govt will give him a job in gratitude for his sacrifice (maybe as a special advisor for traitor rehab).

9 Likes

Yeah, threatening to kill your kid for snitching is very clear proof that you don’t actually belive you did the right or honorable thing.

61 Likes

From what I know from O’ Brother Where Art Thou, you got it right…

33 Likes

A traitor to who? Loyalty to trump over democracy is disgustng, pathetic and execrable.

I don’t have sufficient anuses to express my sentiment toward this “man”

Republicans keep talking about election interference ans “stealing” as if the GOP isn’t the biggest perpetrator of disenfranchisement, gerrymandering, fraud, and interference in the US.

39 Likes

Maybe the kids are alright.

25 Likes

In the interview on Good Morning America, the reporter specifically asked him if he feared his father would harm him, to which he replied he did not.

But that doesn’t make it any better. If as a parent, you maintain a voluntary association with a group that will harm your family members if they do something like… I dunno, report a crime, then even though you wouldn’t harm them yourself, you are knowingly putting them in danger by your choices.

So yeah. To hell with the dad. At least for now. I hope he lives long enough to realize the horrifying enormity of what he did.

19 Likes

Brings up the question of where this kid learned his values since he clearly didn’t get them from his father.

25 Likes

He’s a trump loyalist. Hoping that he learns his lesson and gains some level of self awareness is like hoping a shark will switch to eating just apples. It’s a sweet thought, and I’m happy someone can have it. But it’s perhaps missing the point that trump loyalists enjoy and are happy with being cruel, stupid, and evil. Being the way they are doesn’t bother them, because that’s what they want.

10 Likes

Children feeling no choice but to betray their own families…this is sickening.

Because I think the kid did the right thing.

I can’t image what he must be feeling, what he’s had to go through. Thats a hell no child deserves.

This is what Republicans have brought our country, men who threaten to kill their own children.

These people have already caused death, every Senator that votes against impeachment is a treasonous vermin supporting bile like this man- they’ve poisoned the very fabric of life in America. They must be stopped or we are all doomed to repeat this hell forever

20 Likes

Says man who clearly is unable to function in this world. I’m guessing he has some notion that it’s a “dog eat dog” world and his toxic masculinity is a survival trait not shared by namby-pamby “snowflake” liberals, but it turns out that’s really not the case. It’s always projection, isn’t it?

26 Likes

I don’t even have to read that to confirm. People who shit on their kids, especially teens, lose my trust immediately. I am so proud of all of the kids I know who are coming of age, mine especially. I wish I could share them with the world, but that’s their work…

13 Likes

Wow. What a brave guy. I hope they can some day deprogram his dad and salvage his relationship. :confused:

4 Likes

Peak masculinity.

10 Likes

“Hey, I bet my human zoso symbol of a son would really appreciate real-time updates about my inept right-wing terror campaign”

– person who may not be as astute as they think

3 Likes